Manager, Corporate Communications
Scipher Medicine is a precision immunology company on a mission to match patients with their most effective therapy. We believe patients deserve simple answers to treatment options based on scientific data. We partner with leading payers, health care providers, and pharmaceutical companies to bring solutions to patients with autoimmune diseases. Using our proprietary network medicine platform, we commercialize tests revealing a person’s unique molecular disease signature and match it to the most effective therapy, ensuring optimal treatment from day one. The patient molecular data generated from our tests further supports the discovery and development of novel and more effective therapeutics. Scipher is headquartered near Boston, an office in Salt Lake City, Utah, and operations in North Carolina’s Research Triangle Park.
We are seeking a Manager, Corporate Communications to join our fast-growing team. In this role, you will be reporting to the Sr. Director of Corporate Communications. As part of our growing team and company, the Manager, Corporate Communications will be heavily involved in external communications.
- Play a key role in helping to shape the company's messaging and media strategy
- Develop content, including messages and talking points, sponsored content and other announcements or materials
- Plan and manage Corporate Communications calendar for external communications
- Manage campaigns from ideation through distribution
- Draft social media copy and other written communications, which may include emails, speeches and newsletters
- Track industry awards, rankings, social analytics, and web analytics
- Monitor and respond to inbound requests for press, speaking, etc.
- Proactively seek out podcasts, panels and other engagements for the CEO to join
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop messaging
- Support public relations inquires and requests
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3+ years of experience within a communications role or related field
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience with, and ability to understand, the needs of senior leaders
- Experience driving proactive external communications (media relations, social media, industry relations, thought leadership, etc)
- Proven ability to create, engage, and maintain a strong professional network to achieve corporate goals
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with high attention to detail
- Experience within the biotech industry is a plus
- Waltham MA
- Limited – less than 10%
Scipher is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.