Senior Sourcing Manager, Global Procurement
Who we are:
Rubrik is one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging multi-cloud IT industry. Recently a Top 10 of the Forbes Cloud 100 and in the LinkedIn Top Companies list for 2020, our mission is to unlock the power of data by organizing and protecting the world's business information by building a forward-thinking, design-oriented brand that impacts the perception of user interface and experience in enterprise.
We aren't shy about crafting products to solve problems no-one has tackled or thought about before by defining the industry, instead of waiting for directions. Rubrik is the world's first platform to orchestrate data for hybrid cloud enterprises anytime, anywhere. We blend future-proof architecture with consumer-grade simplicity to pioneer a fresh approach to an old problem. Our focus is on the people that can produce extraordinary results. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity and excited by the prospect of a challenge. Bottom line, if you have a limitless drive and like to win, we want to talk to you!
Who you are:
Our Team, Global Procurement, focuses on providing industry leading Procurement Operations and Strategic Sourcing on a global scale at Rubrik. We are looking to add a Strategic Sourcing leader to support our Engineering, Information Security and IT teams. You’ll develop strategies and leverage market intelligence to negotiate software, hosting, hardware, and services agreements for these functions. You’ll have experience in best-practice procurement methods, and work to build strong partnerships with internal customers, influence and align roadmaps, and cultivate vendor partnerships. You will report into the Head of Global Procurement and will be accountable for annual savings targets.
You will work closely with a variety of cross-functional teams including IT, R&D, Engineering, Legal, Finance, Accounting, among others. You are someone who is a self-starter and comfortable working with limited direction while taking full ownership of your domain. You are an effective and passionate problem-solver, who recommends pragmatic alternatives and is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Project manage complex deals and drive the collaboration of all parties in negotiating strategies and executing favorable terms and conditions
- Develop & drive key category strategy and optimization opportunities across Rubrik’s Engineering, InfoSec and IT functions
- Prepare RFQs, RFPs, bid documents, analyze and evaluate proposals, and administer the evaluation process
- Provide thought leadership from a procurement/sourcing perspective and work with business partners to develop new and creative strategies
- Manage the commercial aspects of contracts and license agreements to ensure that obligations are met and the process for tracking renewals or replacement of existing agreements is managed and scalable
- Build strategic relationships with external suppliers and internal business partners to drive results and influence business decisions
- Contribute input toward the creation and implementation of programs to assess and promote supplier performance, development and management (e.g., establishing quarterly and annual goals, conducting quarterly business reviews, formal scorecard measures)
- Establish & report out on KPIs that support the procurement team’s goals and objectives
Experience You’lI Need
- Excellent negotiation skills and broad procurement category management experience (including Software, Hardware, SaaS, Cloud & Professional Services)
- 7+ years’ experience in Indirect Sourcing, with strong track record in Technology Sourcing in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to partner with key stakeholders and build relationships across multi-functional teams
- Experience with supplier report cards and supplier management
- Strong financial and analytical skills, supporting identification of cost savings opportunities and recommendations
- Self-starting, entrepreneurial, scrappy, resourceful, problem-solver with a strong work ethic and integrity
- Working knowledge of Coupa and Netsuite preferred
- Experience in contract negotiation from a legal perspective (i.e. J.D.) a plus!
Rubrik is on a mission to secure the world’s data. With Zero Trust Data Security™, Rubrik helps organizations achieve business resilience against cyberattacks, malicious insiders, and operational disruptions. Rubrik Security Cloud, powered by machine learning, secures data across enterprise, cloud, and SaaS applications. Rubrik helps organizations uphold data integrity, deliver data availability that withstands adverse conditions, continuously monitor data risks and threats, and restore businesses with their data when infrastructure is attacked.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at email@example.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.