Software Engineer, Developer Productivity
About the Team:
As a member of the Developer Platform team at Rubrik, you will be focused on solving challenging frameworks, scalability & stability problems that will enable the company to deliver a product at high-scale without compromising on quality, velocity, and coding standards. Rubrik positions you with a unique opportunity to innovate as we scale our organization to support a rapidly increasing customer base and engineering organization. As our products add more features and functionalities to the portfolio, you will be provided with more unique and diverse problems that require innovation, which will help in accelerating your career.
About the Role:
As a Software Engineer in the Developer Platforms organization at Rubrik, you will be developing tools, frameworks and services which will enable developers to build a high quality product at scale without compromising on quality, velocity, and coding standards. Rubrik Software Engineers are self-starters and driven. We believe in giving engineers responsibility, not tasks. Our goal is to motivate and challenge people to do their best work.
As a software engineer you will:
- Contribute to engineering efforts from planning and organization to execution and delivery to solve complex engineering problems in tools and performance infrastructure
- Work collaboratively to design, implement and evolve high quality automation frameworks for functional and non-functional testing and design of visualization and reporting dashboards for monitoring and enabling data based decisions
- Develop tools or implement features in existing tools for shortening the development cycle
- Work with team members on detailed and constructive design and code reviews
- Collaborate with the broader engineering team on design or architectural decisions
- Be a role model for showcasing best practices, processes and culture to help Engineering teams improve their productivity
BS or MS in Computer science or related field with a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Knowledge developing and debugging in Python, Golang, Java or Scala
- Knowledge of virtualization & Storage / database / network
- Experience that is a plus:
- Building AI based applications using LLMs
- Building, maintaining and supporting infrastructure
- Knowledge of CI/CD solutions like Jenkins
- Knowledge of Containerization tools like Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform/AWS/Azure or other public cloud technologies
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, including quickly getting up to speed with new technologies
Rubrik is on a mission to secure the world’s data. With Zero Trust Data Security™, Rubrik helps organizations achieve business resilience against cyberattacks, malicious insiders, and operational disruptions. Rubrik Security Cloud, powered by machine learning, secures data across enterprise, cloud, and SaaS applications. Rubrik helps organizations uphold data integrity, deliver data availability that withstands adverse conditions, continuously monitor data risks and threats, and restore businesses with their data when infrastructure is attacked.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.