Senior Product Manager-NAS CD
Senior Product Manager, Unstructured Data (NAS Cloud Direct)
About the team
The Product Management team at Rubrik drives forward Rubrik’s vision, ensuring we continue to deliver on our market-leading platform as we address our customers’ most challenging data management & security needs. Our mission is to deliver the best application aware backups, helping customers to secure their data, while ensuring that we do not compromise on the end to end user experience we are known for.
About the Job
At Rubrik, we are charting a course through an innovative journey in data protection and security, with our unstructured data protection solution emerging as the fastest-growing segment of our business. As a Senior Product Manager, you will be a pivotal member of the broader Enterprise Data Protection product team. In this role, you will have significant ownership over the unstructured data solution, focusing specifically on the protection of NAS systems and on-premise S3 object storage systems.
This position offers an opportunity to shape the future of unstructured data protection at Rubrik. We are seeing a hands-on expert with a growth mindset, someone who has a proven track record in conceptualizing, developing, and accelerating enterprise-grade products, particularly in the realm of unstructured data.
- Help develop and own the execution of the roadmap, and measure the outcomes and adoption of our unstructured data protection solution, focused on NAS and on-premise object storage.
- Continuously evaluate the performance, market reception, and customer satisfaction of our unstructured data protection offerings to ensure they meet and exceed our standards and objectives.
- Work directly with customers and prospects to empathize with their challenges, validate and prioritize the solutions that would add the most value to our customers, and communicate our roadmap of our unstructured data protection offerings.
- Collaborate with engineering, support, design, sales, and marketing teams to build and launch high-quality product experiences that meet the evolving needs of our customers.
- Develop Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) and user stories to define product enhancements and rollout strategies.
- Engage with Sales and Sales Engineering to ensure alignment on product roadmaps, refine feature sets, and ensure customer-driven product development.
- Conduct market and competitive analysis to identify product features and gaps, making informed decisions on prioritization and trade-offs.
- Work closely with Engineering, Product, and Go-to-Market leadership to drive the success of the unstructured data protection solution.
Required Skills and Background
- At least 5+ years of experience in enterprise product management, or a “0 to 1” experience, with a strong preference for experience in developing and scaling products from inception to market leadership.
- Deep domain knowledge in unstructured data protection, specifically in NAS and on-premise object storage, is highly preferred.
- Proven ability to build use cases with real-world data, communicate effectively through presentations and detailed documentation, and influence decision-making processes.
- Capacity to foster and maintain effective working relationships with customers and numerous internal stakeholders.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-growth, and dynamic work environment
- Growth mindset - must be obsessively curious, and have a strong desire to learn.
- Preferred: Direct experience or a deep understanding of unstructured data systems (NAS file systems or object storage) and technologies.
Rubrik is on a mission to secure the world’s data. With Zero Trust Data Security™, Rubrik helps organizations achieve business resilience against cyberattacks, malicious insiders, and operational disruptions. Rubrik Security Cloud, powered by machine learning, secures data across enterprise, cloud, and SaaS applications. Rubrik helps organizations uphold data integrity, deliver data availability that withstands adverse conditions, continuously monitor data risks and threats, and restore businesses with their data when infrastructure is attacked.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at email@example.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.