Sales Development Representative | Melbourne
Sales Development Representative, Melbourne
Rubrik’s Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) form the core of our ambitious go-to-market strategy and sales pipeline engine. Through independent outbound hunting and a proportion of inbound leads, the SDR team books high-quality meetings with potential new customers for Rubrik’s sales organisation. We do this by having a targeted set of prospects that we research, personalise our messaging to, and influence to evaluate Rubrik.
The SDR position teaches All-Star talent what it takes to be successful in the highly lucrative world of enterprise technology. Rubrik has also been recognised as a 2021 LinkedIn Top Company and Forbes Cloud 100 Company and LinkedIn Top Startup five years in a row. This is your opportunity to build a career in one of the world’s most challenging and rewarding fields.
What you’ll do:
- Identify high-potential customers, research Rubrik’s value fit, personalise messaging to prospects, and generate high-quality new business meetings for the company
- Responsible for outbound/inbound activities for our enterprise customer prospecting by contacting via email, social and phone calls to qualify prospects to set meetings
- Follow up on inbound leads generated by Marketing and stay within compliance metrics, i.e. timely follow-up and attempts to connect
- Collaborate with the field sales team you’re aligned with and develop strategies for breaking into new accounts
- Stay up-to-date on market trends, competition, and industry developments – we’re seeing cybersecurity breaches daily in today’s world. Rubrik can make an impact.
- Be an expert on what we do and how we help our customers keep their businesses up and running.
- Use customer relationship management (Salesforce & Salesloft) software to manage leads and sales activities
- Own your business and your sales targets, and be able to report on your results to your stakeholders. What you put in is what you get out!
- Develop how to think on your feet and learn the art of sales through team pitch competitions, boot camps, training, and more – we love friendly competition!
- You will receive coaching and development on an ongoing basis, our managers will assist with developing your skills and approach to calls, thus improving Rubrik’s service to its customers. (Note: Telephone calls to and from prospects & customers, may be recorded and listened to from time to time by yourself and management.)
- If available based on location, you will be working in-office 3-5 days a week for active coaching and peer camaraderie.
Experience You’ll Need:
- 0-2 years of sales-oriented work, B2B sales, marketing, and/or lead generation experience
- Exposure to customer service experience
- Interest and ability to learn technical concepts quickly
- Desire for a successful career in sales/business development
- Written & Verbal Communication succinct & professional email, LinkedIn, phone
What would make you successful in this role?
- Curiosity, grit, goal-oriented, growth mindset
- Organization & Time Management ability to structure hours/days/weeks
- Research & Business Intuition ability to interpret information and use for prospecting
- Active Listening & Adaptability audible ready to carry conversation and react with value
- Objection Handling ability to comprehend and overcome objections
- Storytelling ability to paint a picture of technical pain & business value
What do our perks look like?
- Uncapped commission structure
- Pre-IPO Equity
- Competitive pay
- Competitive benefits (i.e. medical/dental/vision insurance, wellness & mental health resources, etc.)
- Expensed travel and catered food in our offices
- Apple laptop
- Fun in-office activities
- Rewards and Recognition.
Rubrik is on a mission to secure the world’s data. With Zero Trust Data Security™, Rubrik helps organizations achieve business resilience against cyberattacks, malicious insiders, and operational disruptions. Rubrik Security Cloud, powered by machine learning, secures data across enterprise, cloud, and SaaS applications. Rubrik helps organizations uphold data integrity, deliver data availability that withstands adverse conditions, continuously monitor data risks and threats, and restore businesses with their data when infrastructure is attacked.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at email@example.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.