Customer Reference Specialist
About The Job
Rubrik is a cybersecurity company, and our mission is to secure the world’s data. We pioneered Zero Trust Data Security™ to help organizations achieve business resilience against cyberattacks, malicious insiders, and operational disruptions. Rubrik Security Cloud delivers data protection and cyber resilience in a single platform across enterprise, cloud, and SaaS applications. Rubrik has been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company two years in a row and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.
We are looking for a data-driven and energetic marketing professional to come on board as a Customer Reference Specialist. Reporting into Global Customer Advocacy, you will be instrumental in building and developing the reference program and processes, partnering with our sales organization to fulfill peer-to-peer reference requests by finding the best match between the prospective customer and the reference customer who can positively influence and accelerate deals.
As a Customer Reference Specialist, you will be empowered to proactively partner with Sales, Sales Transformation, Customer Experience, and the greater Marketing team to strategically increase quality and volume of customers available to engage in references with prospects to increase revenue. You will be instrumental in moving the needle at one of the fastest-growing data security companies. This is your opportunity to make your mark!
- Work with Customer Advocacy leadership to develop digital request process integrated with current tracking systems
- End-to-end management of incoming reference requests from sales and marketing
- Enable and educate global field sales of process to request peer-to-peer references, including timelines, SLAs, and setting expectations about fulfillment
- Identify the strongest customer references to fulfill requests based on prospect’s industry, level of decision maker, and breadth of solutions under consideration
- Reach out to account teams for approvals to have their customers act as peer-to-peer reference and then coordinate agreement and engagement with customers. Ultimately, you will develop a robust bench of reference accounts globally
- Update tracking systems with current information about peer-to-peer reference requests received, actions taken, and outcomes
- Follow up with account teams on peer-to-peer reference requests fulfilled (or review quarter-end closed deal reports) to determine if deal closed, with goal of aligning peer-to-peer reference support with “revenue influenced”
- Evaluate a technology solution to help scale the program for long-term viability
- Coordinate rewards, recognition, and loyalty programs for participating customers
- Liaise with customer advocacy team and bring forth customers whose Rubrik story aligns with key narratives and messaging and might want to participate in larger marketing opportunities
What You Bring
- 5+ years of relevant work experience (customer marketing, sales, etc.), including customer-facing experience. Experience in cybersecurity is a plus.
- Proven experience effectively driving consensus across diverse teams in multiple departments, time zones, and functions with individual priorities.
- Expertise with Salesforce, Tableau, and reference management tools (Slapfive, Base.ai, ReferenceEdge, User Evidence, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to present to leadership and overall strong presentation building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver positive customer experiences.
- Demonstrated ability to use data to influence internal and external decision makers
- Experience in launching new and innovative ideas.
- Strong relationship-building skills with extreme attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing and presenting
- Well versed in Google Slide and/or PowerPoint.
- Dynamic, confident, and self-motivated, capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Can-do, positive, inspiring attitude with an outside-the-box, innovative and creative mindset.
Rubrik is on a mission to secure the world’s data. With Zero Trust Data Security™, Rubrik helps organizations achieve business resilience against cyberattacks, malicious insiders, and operational disruptions. Rubrik Security Cloud, powered by machine learning, secures data across enterprise, cloud, and SaaS applications. Rubrik helps organizations uphold data integrity, deliver data availability that withstands adverse conditions, continuously monitor data risks and threats, and restore businesses with their data when infrastructure is attacked.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at email@example.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.