Staff Security Architect
Rubrik is one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging multi-cloud world. We are the leader in cloud data management and have raised over $553 million in venture funding, most recently at a valuation of $3.3 billion. Rubrik has been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company two years in a row and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup. As cloud adoption continues to grow at an astounding rate, we’ll be solving some of its most interesting challenges while building a product unlike anything seen before. This is a massive challenge and we’re just getting started so there is a lot of opportunity for personal growth and contribution.
Information Security - Who We Are
The Information Security organization advances the overall state of security at Rubrik through critical initiatives and coordination of large security projects. Information Security builds technologies, tools, and processes to better enable teams at Rubrik to develop secure software and protect data and systems with appropriate security controls. Information Security also develops systems to monitor and respond to attacks against our assets, provides awareness education to teams on security best practices for data protection, and ensures data governance and data sharing relationships with third parties in order to securely protect Rubrik information.
What You’ll Do:
Rubrik is seeking a Staff Cloud Security Architect. In this role, you will help mature our cloud security initiatives to drive security outcomes in the development process. You will partner with internal stakeholders and implement modern security processes and technologies to further integrate security into the deployment lifecycle.
- Partner with engineering teams across Rubrik to create secure cloud infrastructure design and deployment architectures utilizing threat models and risk analysis documentation
- Define policies across the organization for secure cloud design models within hybrid and public cloud environments
- Work with development teams, operations, governance, and other stakeholders to draft security standards and implement monitoring, alerting and governance to adhere to those standards
- Support incident responders in analyzing applicable threats, vulnerabilities, controls and residual risks
- Analyze and harden existing applications, infrastructure, automation, and deployment processes
- Coordinate with security researcher community for submitted vulnerabilities and issues and remediation of threats in both hybrid and public cloud environments
- Bachelor’s degree required; BS or MS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
- 6+ years’ experience in cloud security, with experience across AWS, GCP and/or Azure infrastructure design
- 2+ years experience in VMWare and/or Network security modeling
- Broad knowledge of private and public cloud attack vectors and exploits
- Subject matter expertise in CI/CD, Cloud APIs and Identity management
- Deep understanding of compute, network and storage technologies in AWS, GCP and/or Azure
- Programming experience in Python, Go or Java
- Deep security subject matter expertise in at least one major public cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with deploying and securing SaaS applications and cloud environments at scale
- Working experience with CI/CD pipeline, containerization (Kubernetes, Docker, etc) and MicroServices
- Knowledge of regulatory guidelines and standards such as SOC2, ISO 27001, FedRAMP, etc.
- Understanding of cloud security maturity model frameworks and how to apply them
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Rubrik is on a mission to secure the world’s data. With Zero Trust Data Security™, Rubrik helps organizations achieve business resilience against cyberattacks, malicious insiders, and operational disruptions. Rubrik Security Cloud, powered by machine learning, secures data across enterprise, cloud, and SaaS applications. Rubrik helps organizations uphold data integrity, deliver data availability that withstands adverse conditions, continuously monitor data risks and threats, and restore businesses with their data when infrastructure is attacked.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.