Executive Assistant to CEO, Chairman and Co-Founder
We are on a mission to secure the world’s data. Cyberattacks are inevitable. Realizing that cyberattacks ultimately target data, we created Zero Trust Data Security to deliver cyber resilience so that organizations can secure their data across the cloud and recover from cyberattacks. We believe that the future of cybersecurity is data security—if your data is secure, your business is resilient.
We are looking for an experienced and highly driven Executive Assistant who will provide administrative support to the CEO, Chairman, and Co-Founder. This position will report into our Palo Alto headquarters. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and executive team, and organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise great judgment in a diversity of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. This role would report daily to our Palo Alto, HQ.
Calendar Management & Time Asset Allocation
- Efficiently manage the CEO's schedule, including appointments, meetings, and travel arrangements.
- Manage the CEO’s contacts.
- Prioritize and coordinate conflicting commitments to ensure optimal time management.
- Complete ad hoc Personal Assistance – such as personal events and/or family needs.
- Track how time is allocated across internal and external-facing engagements. Advise CEO on how best to allocate time as an asset to meet company goals and initiatives.
- Provide calendar support for VP of Strategy/Chief of Staff.
- Act as the primary point of contact between the CEO and internal/external stakeholders.
- Draft and proofread emails, reports, and other correspondence on behalf of the CEO. Will partner with Operations Specialist, Office of CEO on matters here.
- Be responsive to emails/texts/phone calls, with contact outside normal business hours.
- Organize and coordinate meetings, conferences, and events on behalf of CEO, ensuring all logistics are seamlessly managed. Prepare meeting agendas, take minutes, and follow up on action items. Will partner with Office of CEO on matters here.
- Arrange domestic and international travel, accommodations, and itineraries for the CEO.
- Partner with Customer Advocate, Office of CEO for customer/sales-facing engagements on itineraries.
- Anticipate and proactively address any potential travel issues.
- Conduct expense management.
Board Management and Coordination
- Coordinate board and board committee meetings with board directors and their support staff.
- Plan and oversee logistical arrangements for board and board committee meetings, including space and facility needs, meals and refreshments, and technology.
- Partner with VP of Strategy/Chief of Staff on matters here.
- Manage confidential information with discretion and professionalism.
- Organize and maintain electronic and physical files to ensure accessibility and accuracy.
- Conserve the CEO’s time by reading, researching, collecting and analyzing information as needed, in advance.
- Assist the CEO in prioritizing and delegating tasks to optimize productivity. Partners with the Office of CEO on matters here.
- Collaborate with other executive assistants and team members as needed.
Project & Strategic Initiative Support
- Support the CEO in various projects by conducting research, preparing presentations, and providing necessary documentation.
- Partner closely for organizational planning, team events, on-sites & off-sites, staff meetings, interviews, including coordinating catering services.
- Support the VP of Strategy/Chief of Staff, Office of CEO team in coordinating strategic project activities.
- Anticipate challenges and proactively address issues to ensure smooth operations.
- Take initiative to find solutions and streamline processes.
- Minimum 10+ years of supporting senior level executives based in HQs.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment; performs additional duties as assigned.
- Use discretion, confidentiality, and good judgment to handle C-Level matters.
- Represent the company and the CEO in a positive light through great follow-through skills and sound judgment.
- Business sense - has a strong business sense and can decipher priorities and make sound judgment calls when needed.
- Commitment to excellence - perform duties at the highest level possible on a consistent basis.
- Excellent communicator - able to interact with people of all levels in a confident, professional manner.
- Team player – has team-oriented experience and approach.
- Service focus - dedicated to meeting the expectations of the CEO and other senior executives by maintaining effective relationships with interested parties.
- Ability to think outside of the box with a sense of urgency.
- Advanced proficiency with Gmail, Google Calendar as well as key applications such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
The minimum and maximum hourly rate for this role are posted below; additionally, the role is eligible for bonus potential, equity and benefits. The range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire hourly rates for the role based on U.S. location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Rubrik is on a mission to secure the world’s data. With Zero Trust Data Security™, Rubrik helps organizations achieve business resilience against cyberattacks, malicious insiders, and operational disruptions. Rubrik Security Cloud, powered by machine learning, secures data across enterprise, cloud, and SaaS applications. Rubrik helps organizations uphold data integrity, deliver data availability that withstands adverse conditions, continuously monitor data risks and threats, and restore businesses with their data when infrastructure is attacked.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.