Federal Account Executive - SOF/COCOM
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE - Federal Civilian
Rubrik is one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging multi-cloud world. We are the leader in cloud data management, delivering a single platform to manage and protect data in the cloud, at the edge, and on-premises. Enterprises choose Rubrik to simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, enable automation at scale, and secure against cyberthreats. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company two years in a row and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.
About The Position:
The Account Executive will have ownership of all elements of bookings Federal DOD territory; specifically COCOMS/SOF. This includes discovering and developing new opportunities within the territory along with managing pipeline, executing account strategies, and managing customer expansion. The AE must be quota-driven, and will represent Rubrik within the region while working with Systems Engineers, Sales Development, Channel Development and Rubrik Partners to exceed sales objectives. This position will manage all aspects of the sales process and will play an integral role in the success of the overall Federal sales team.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a history of sales excellence through impressive pipeline growth, outbound prospecting, ruthless qualification, innovation and consistent hard work. Experience selling enterprise software into the datacenter is required.
- Define and execute sales plans for the assigned Federal territory to meet and exceed quota through prospecting, qualifying, managing and closing sales opportunities
- Develop and manage sales pipeline to move a large number of strategic transactions through the sales process
- Identify and close new opportunities for growth working with a mix of mid-enterprise and Fortune 500 accounts
- Present Rubrik, Inc. solutions within complex data center design environments
- Co-sell and strategize with partners, distributors and VAR’s to enable rapid growth
- Provide Rubrik, Inc. management with feedback about the local market opportunity and identification of new business opportunities and channel partnerships
- 5-10 years of successful sales experience in technology (software or data center)
- Tenure in territory – strong rolodex of Federal DOD customers and channels
- Proven “Hunter” – high NEW logo attainment within DOD targets, strategic methodology and passionate about selling
- A Closer - consistent over-achievement of sales goals in a large geographic territory
- Entrepreneurial - willing to go the extra mile, strong work ethic, resourceful, “get it done” attitude
- Smart, adaptable and open-minded
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent experience
Security and Privacy Responsibilities section:
This position carries special Security and Privacy Responsibilities for protecting the U.S. Federal Government’s interests:
- Know, acknowledge, and follow system-specific security policies and procedures;
- Protect data and individual privacy per requirements and regulations;
- Perform ongoing activities in compliance with service and contractual obligations;
- Participate in role-based training, completing assignments on a timely basis;
- Report security issues promptly, and aid investigation when needed;
- Support controlled changes and vulnerability remediation activities; and
- Work collaboratively with Information Security in designing, implementing, assessing or enhancing system-specific security and privacy controls.
Position Risk Designation section:
This position carries duties and responsibilities involving the U.S. Federal Government’s interests. The selected incumbent may be subject to one or both of the additional background checks with periodic re-screening as noted below:
Position Risk Designation: Non-Sensitive, Low Risk, Tier 1
Incumbents without access to U.S. Government data may be required to complete Standard Form 85 and undergo a Tier 1 Investigation (T1) for non-sensitive positions of Low Risk. (Baseline screening; formerly National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI)).
Position Risk Designation: Non-Sensitive, Moderate Risk, Tier 2 (Public Trust)
Incumbents with access to U.S. Government data may be required to complete Standard Form 85P and undergo Tier 2 (T2) Investigation for non-sensitive positions designated Moderate Risk.
Position Risk Designation:Moderate Risk Law Enforcement (CJIS)
When hired for a position where access to Moderate Risk criminal justice information is required, the employee must complete a fingerprint-based national criminal history background check within 30 days after the employee’s start date.
Rubrik is on a mission to secure the world’s data. With Zero Trust Data Security™, Rubrik helps organizations achieve business resilience against cyberattacks, malicious insiders, and operational disruptions. Rubrik Security Cloud, powered by machine learning, secures data across enterprise, cloud, and SaaS applications. Rubrik helps organizations uphold data integrity, deliver data availability that withstands adverse conditions, continuously monitor data risks and threats, and restore businesses with their data when infrastructure is attacked.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.