Database Architect - RSC Platform
Database Architect - RSC Platform
About Team & About Role:
As a database engineer on the RSC Platform Engineering team, you’ll own the fundamental database infrastructure components that all other Rubrik Security Cloud product teams at Rubrik build upon. You’ll own database architecture for both online and analytics/offline use cases. This role requires strong SQL expertise including schema design and performance tuning. This is an exciting time to join as we are constantly innovating on scaling and operating our foundational services to support product growth.
What You’ll Do:
Rubrik Database Engineers are self-starters, driven, and can manage themselves. We believe in giving engineers responsibility, not tasks. Our goal is to motivate and challenge people to do their best work. Bottom line, if you have a limitless drive and like to win, we want to talk to you - Come make history!
Experience You’ll Need:
- 15+ years of experience designing and managing relational databases with a focus on performance, security, scalability, reliability, high-availability, and disaster recovery.
- Experience working with high traffic OLTP databases preferably MySQL.
- Experience with scripting and automation using languages such as Go/Scala/Python/Java.
- Experience with backend development and distributed systems.
- Experience operating database layer of a large scale SaaS product
- Experience operating mission-critical database applications in on-premise, cloud or in hybrid cloud environments.
- Experience in database design and architecture supporting large enterprise customers with high SLO and SLA requirements.
- Deep expertise in MySQL or relational database internals and diagnosing issues around storage, memory, performance and tuning. ETL experience is also preferred.
About the job
- Ensure we maintain high availability and durability of our databases
- Ensure our customers can backup and recover their data without any glitches
- Design, implement and maintain relational database systems for performance and reliability
- Own and evolve the data model for various Rubrik cloud product lines
- Establish best practices for internal teams to write performant SQL queries
- Tune and configure our databases as well as build tools and scripts to monitor, troubleshoot, and automate our systems
- Propose test plans, interface with external groups, developers and application owners to arrive at optimal solutions
- Perform periodic database upgrades minimizing downtime for our customers
- Design and enhance disaster recovery and backup procedures
With your technical expertise, you design, implement and improve processes, procedures and automation for all database-centric areas. You also test the systems in place and interface with external groups.
- Identify customer pain-points proactively, and help improve customer experience through software enhancements, tools, documentation, guidelines, and more.
- Develop relationships with internal product teams, product managers, and key enterprise customers and engage with them to address issues and recommend best practices like query tuning, schema design, instance sizing, flag settings, extensions, and the likes. Help customers perform experiments and scale with different settings to tune (MySQL) instances for their workloads.
- Perform capacity planning, scaling strategies on production databases to support projected growth.
- Contribute code actively to improve the product and the core database observability, and to make it more secure and robust.
- Provide advisory and training to the engineering team.
- Partner and help drive great cross-functional relationships with internal leadership, stakeholders, and partners to help create highly reliable database services experience for our feature engineering teams.
About the team
Rubrik’s mission is to secure the World’s Data.
The Polaris Platform Bangalore team (a.k.a. Legion team) at Rubrik provides the core platforms and systems that enable product engineers to efficiently build and operate scalable and reliable applications in the cloud and also the on-prem version of the control plane. Polaris Platform has a horizontal charter with our customers being both external customers as well as Rubrik internal teams.
Presently, the Legion team is working on enabling product led trials, license management & enforcement, making its cloud deployment infrastructure more efficient. Legion team also owns the on-prem RSC (RSC-P) version and is currently working on supporting it on different deployments, while ensuring it scales and is performant like its cloud counterpart.
Rubrik is on a mission to secure the world’s data. With Zero Trust Data Security™, Rubrik helps organizations achieve business resilience against cyberattacks, malicious insiders, and operational disruptions. Rubrik Security Cloud, powered by machine learning, secures data across enterprise, cloud, and SaaS applications. Rubrik helps organizations uphold data integrity, deliver data availability that withstands adverse conditions, continuously monitor data risks and threats, and restore businesses with their data when infrastructure is attacked.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at email@example.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.