About Team & About Role:
The Rubrik Accounting team is looking for an experienced accounting professional to join the Global Accounting team. The Manager Accounting will be based in India and report into the Director, Accounting EMEA and APAC who is also based in India.This hands-on, leadership role is responsible for managing the Global accounts payable function, supporting the corporate accounting department, implementing internal controls and compliance initiatives. The Manager Accounting will be deeply engaged with US GAAP and local GAAP requirements, changes in accounting regulations and the implications of the same for Rubrik’s International entities. The leader is expected to partner with our vendors, consultants, and cross-functional teams in Tax, Payroll, HRIS, Legal, Procurement, IT Security and Finance.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for Global Accounts Payable function. Compile and interpret financial information and support the corporate accounting department in implementing internal controls and compliance initiatives
- Maintain General Ledger and balance books based on financial reporting requirements. Evaluate and apply industry best practices around accounting and reporting standards
- Perform month close activities including review of journal entries and reconciliations
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual closing of the books for US GAAP
- Effectively implement all the corporate accounting policies while adhering to corporate reporting deadlines
- Engage with cross functional teams and external consultants/auditors towards managing local audits, compliances
- Stay current on evolving accounting standards pronouncements and updates under prevailing regulatory bodies & income tax and incorporate into current company policy as
- Work with a critical thinking approach, anticipate technological developments and communicate to leadership teams
- With minimal guidance, identify and act on opportunities to improve own team and cross-functional productivity
- Communicate complex accounting/ tax and regulatory implications, effectively to diverse audiences, using appropriate media and language. Teach others about accounting, tax sections and reporting standards
- Degree in Accountancy, with CA qualification and 8-10 yrs of working experience in an accounting organization in the industry
- Experience in end-to-end legal entity level accounts finalization for both India and international entities. (IFRS and IND AS knowledge will be an added advantage)
- Proven technical knowledge in US GAAP, I GAAP, IFRS and inter-company accounting
- Proficiency with accounting software and experience with a software system preferably experience in Netsuite. Awareness of business trends & familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Strong foundation in accounting, finance as well as direct and indirect tax
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Highly adaptive, quick learner, mature, proactive, resourceful and hands-on with intuition to lead initiatives
Rubrik is on a mission to secure the world’s data. With Zero Trust Data Security™, Rubrik helps organizations achieve business resilience against cyberattacks, malicious insiders, and operational disruptions. Rubrik Security Cloud, powered by machine learning, secures data across enterprise, cloud, and SaaS applications. Rubrik helps organizations uphold data integrity, deliver data availability that withstands adverse conditions, continuously monitor data risks and threats, and restore businesses with their data when infrastructure is attacked.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.