Information Security Engineer (FedRAMP)
Role Description / Responsibilities:
Rubrik’s Security Operations Center (SOC) team is charged with the threat detection and incident response mission. This includes monitoring security alerts and related data across Rubrik’s corporate network, endpoints, cloud, and SaaS environments, to rapidly detect and accurately identify signs of intrusions and other malicious activity; performing investigations to determine impact and cause; managing issues though the incident response lifecycle from beginning to end. As a Security Analyst, you will be responsible for threat detection and subsequent investigations with a focus on monitoring collected data and related security tools, identifying activity requiring investigation, and responding to alerts to initiate investigation and IR processes. This role also includes maintaining an external threat perspective via Threat Intelligence sources to identify new threats, techniques, and tools that require response. As a first responder, Security Analysts also contribute to overall program maturity through providing feedback and ideas to refine and improve detection capabilities and response processes.
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in a security operations role performing threat monitoring, investigation, and incident response
- Demonstrated experience in incident response investigation documentation, escalation, and SOC practices at large enterprise
- Experience analyzing data and alerts from email, network, endpoint, cloud, and infrastructure tools as part of the investigation process
- A practical understanding of cloud, endpoint and network forensics concepts
- Experience using the MITRE ATT&CK framework or cyber kill chain concept in an operations context
- Experience with SIEM technology and data correlation as a concept
- Practical working knowledge of cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP); able to describe cloud architecture and common uses
- Ability to describe the incident response lifecycle end-to-end and to apply it creatively to scenarios
- A practical understanding of workflow automation
- Practice with the NIST framework and standards in an operations context
- Formal training / education in security monitoring and incident response concepts (SANS or Security+)
- US Citizenship
Preferences / Nice to Have:
- Workflow tools: XSOAR, Jira, ServiceNow
- Data analytics tools: Devo, Splunk, QRadar, ArcSight, SumoLogic, Azure Sentinel, etc.
- Security Tools: Firewalls, EDR, web proxy, AntiVirus and AntiMalware, email security gateways
- Experience with Cloud Technologies: Azure, GCP, AWS
- Experience working with US Government agencies and programs
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.