Senior Manager, Global Safety and Security at Rubrik
The Sr. Manager, Safety & Security, is responsible for all Safety and Security operations at our Bangalore Site as well as the Global Security Operations Center (GSOC). This position works congruently with Regional Facility Directors, Office leaders, and Global functions such as Human Resources, Benefits, Customer Support, and others.
The ultimate goal is to create and preserve an environment where employees, visitors and property are safe and well-protected.
What you will be doing
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership for the Global Security Operations Center (GSOC)
- Lead day-to-day activities to ensure compliance with Safety and Security regulations including Personnel Safety and Operational Security
- Develop, implement, and review standard operating procedures and training to ensure GSOC team continues to effectively meet operational requirements
- Routinely hold 1:1 with stakeholders and managers to evaluate the SAS team’s ability to meet leadership needs
- Lead Safety and Security functions and assignments discussed at the Bangalore Site Council Meetings
- Train managers on the importance of event risk assessments and work with managers to analyze onsite and offsite events on a frequent basis
- Manage the onsite medical group and ergonomic initiatives
- Manage, perform, and maintain periodic audits of systems and operations (Fire Life Safety, Secure Rooms, Global Access Levels, Phone Tree Systems, Key Fobs)
- Review, update and approve contracts with outside suppliers of Safety and Security systems or personnel
- Communicate security status, updates, and actual or potential problems to senior management which may have an impact to employees and facilities
- Continuously communicate with travelers and offices that may be impacted by weather and events in their local regions and areas
- Coordinate and communicate with public law enforcement, fire and other agencies where our facilities reside globally
- Identify, investigate, resolve incidents/breaches and prepare reports or make presentations on internal investigations, losses, or violations of regulations, policies and procedures
Experience you need
- 10+ years of progressive Safety and Security operations experience running a GSOC and overseeing multiple sites.
- Experience actively working with stakeholders at all levels of the organization to strategically solve problems, manage projects, drive performance while maintaining long-term strategies.
- Ability to coordinate planning and collaboration with other business functions in a way that is mutually beneficial and drives continuous improvement.
- Ability to drive a strong safety and security philosophy and implement programs designed to effectively change behaviour and prevent injuries.
- Ability to analyze and independently resolve a variety of difficult situations and problems using timely decision making
Education and Certification requirements you need
- Bachelor’s degree with major course work in Criminal Justice, Safety and Security Management, Risk Management or a closely related field is required.
- ASP (Associate Safety Professional) or CSP (Certified Safety Professional) certification is highly valued.
- Experience implementing professionally recognized certifications in EHS (ISO 14001/ISO 45001) and/or Business Continuity (ISO 22301) programs are highly desirable
- Prior work with Global Sustainability Programs
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at email@example.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.