Systems Engineer - Data Center
You’ll be a core member in a closely integrated, cross-functional, and versatile team that performs most racking, stacking, wiring, and implementation designs, implements, and maintains all Rubrik data center resources.
- Daily rack, stack, and maintenance of systems, storage, network & Brik hardware
- Plan, spec, and pull wires to connect infrastructure equipment as needed while maintaining data center standards
- Help maintain an inventory of components in the data center and to keep the data center clean/organized
- Leverage and improve upon existing data center deployments to ensure continuous operation
- Work with engineering teams to understand useful metrics to collect and implement such monitoring and alerting with existing monitoring solutions at the datacenter level.
- Organize and document implemented solutions for long term information retention with our internal ticketing and documentation system.
- Work closely with involved parties automated workflows that can be easily implemented by remote hands with little or no understanding of internal systems.
- As part of the team, respond to and document submitted support tickets relating to the functionality of various systems present in the datacenter.
- Help develop automated tools to collect information that can be directly used to help users create root cause analysis for issues reported.
- BS, BA, or BEng in a technical field or commensurate experience.
- 5+ years of infrastructure or related experience.
- Experience with data center server management, including racking, stacking, cabling, and server configuration
- Experience with implementation, maintenance, and analysis of servers, storage, and network infrastructure
- Knowledge of out-of-band/lights-out server communication methods, such as IPMI and serial console.
- Networking experience in configuring & troubleshooting router and switch configurations is a PLUS
- Knowledge of enterprise-level networking and storage equipment installs.
- Strong understanding and experience with Linux
- Experience on VMware software and Hardware
- Excellent time management and communication skills are absolute musts
- Ability to step up and take ownership to bring complex tasks to completion
- Ability to travel around sites in the bay area
- Experience with multi-site on-prem and in cloud hybrid hardware deployments
- Previous experience at the large-scale data center and remote systems management
- Knowledge of the interdependencies of data center functions and technologies.
- Experience managing multiple projects within the same schedule.
- The position has a physical component requiring the ability to lift to 50 lbs
- Understanding of Networking
- Participate in alert / monitoring rotation and help with triaging issues
- Able to automate operational tasks using tools, Ansible, Govc, etc.
- Scripting skills is a plus in any of the following languages: Shell, Python, Perl, Go, Powershell, etc.
- Understanding of VMware environment and/or any other virtualizations platforms
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at email@example.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.