Rubrik is the leader in cloud data management, delivering a single platform to manage and protect data in the cloud, at the edge, and on-premises. Enterprises choose Rubrik to simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, enable automation at scale, and secure against cyberthreats. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.
We are looking for a North America Payroll Manager to join our payroll team. This position involves handling/participating in payroll processing for multi countries payrolls, payroll reconciliations, and supporting other team members in other regions when needed.
- Accurately manage and process all semimonthly , multi-state US payroll and Semimonthly payroll for Canada; 90% exempt and 10% non-exempt employee mix, including bonus and commissions, salary adjustments and ensures compliance with pay rules.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of payroll, review off-cycle payroll, ensuring timely check processing and reviews payroll reports.
- Handles escalated field queries and resolves issues in a timely manner.
- Collaborates cross-functionally with HR department for new hire processes, terminations and leaves of absence.
- Provides semimonthly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting to Controller and HR as requested
- Ensure payroll tax payments are in compliance with applicable federal, state and local tax laws.
- Maintains Company’s payroll compliance by staying up to date and preparing for new federal, state and local legislation, educating and training departments and advising management of changes.
- Develops internal controls to ensure the quality and efficiency of all payroll functions and regulatory compliance. Communicates procedures with company leadership and field offices.
- Ensure data accuracy and process integrity
- Ensure the timely and accurate processing of all reporting and filing requirements
- Assist with month-end accounting close and related procedures
- Support all internal and external audits related to payroll
- Collaborate with HR and Enterprise Systems to manage payroll service providers
- Anticipate, assess, and manage issues and risks independently
- Quickly resolve issues when they arise, address the root cause, and recommend mitigation plans to build business resilience
- Continuously drive improvements, automation, communication, and education to increase quality, improve employee experience, and enable rapid scaling
- Proactively identify, drive, and scale improvements in payroll systems, policies, and processes
- Provide expert advice and execution to achieve business goals related to payroll. Drive payroll projects with other teams to ensure the projects are set up correctly for payroll compliance, simplify the process and automatically done as much as possible. Implementation and integration skills/knowledge preferred.
- Drive change management and successful adoption of all payroll changes
- Collaborate closely with our internal Business, HR, and Finance teams
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with key stakeholders (such as HR, Accounting, Finance, IT, business functions, and external service providers)
Successful candidate criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree or certification in operations management, Human Resources Management, or another relevant field, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in payroll leadership, including management of in-house payroll
- Hands-on experience with different Payroll, Time and Attendance, Human Resources Information Systems, and Payroll Service Providers preferred
- Workday HCM and Payroll knowledge is highly preferred.
- Diverse HR experience (payroll, operations, benefits, immigration, etc.) preferred
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, including the ability to manage effectively numerous concurrent projects and tasks in a fast-paced and rapidly growing environment
- Excellent written and oral communications, including education and change management
- Excellent analytical and decision-making abilities
- Demonstrated ability to support operations
- Demonstrated ability to design and proactively improve operational processes
- Demonstrated delivery of results through influence and cross-functional collaboration
- A self-starter, who will take the initiative to lead and drive Payroll without constant direction
- Knowledge and ability to apply multi-state wage laws.
- Demonstrated ability to create custom payroll reports.
- Track record of maintaining a positive and collaborative work atmosphere while imparting a warm customer service approach to all internal employee issues.
- Ability to communicate sensitive information in a thoughtful manner.
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at email@example.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.