Senior Manager Security Engineering
In this role you will serve as the senior manager for the Information Security, Security engineering team. You will partner with all parts of the business to build security solutions that help secure the brand and protect the organization, company and customer environments. You will be responsible for executing security engineering programs and managing security technologies across the board. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who can serve as a team leader and assist security engineers in building innovative ways to deliver frictionless security capabilities to enhance the security posture of the organization.
Rubrik is one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging multi-cloud world. We are the leader in cloud data management and have raised over $553 million in venture funding, most recently at a valuation of $3.3 billion. Rubrik has been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company two years in a row and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup. As cloud adoption continues to grow at an astounding rate, we’ll be solving some of its most interesting challenges while building a product unlike anything seen before. This is a massive challenge and we’re just getting started so there is a lot of opportunity for personal growth and contribution.
Information Security - Who We Are
The Information Security organization advances the overall state of security at Rubrik through critical initiatives and coordination of large security projects. Information Security builds technologies, tools, and processes to better enable teams at Rubrik to develop secure software and protect data and systems with appropriate security controls. Information Security also develops systems to monitor and respond to attacks against our assets, provides awareness education to teams on security best practices for data protection, and ensures data governance and data sharing relationships with third parties in order to securely protect Rubrik information.
What You’ll Do
Rubrik is seeking a Senior Manager to lead the Information Security - Security Engineering team. This team is highly technical in nature, and executes numerous security initiatives in parallel. The Security Engineering team is a key component of InfoSec as a whole. Serving both internal roadmap of mission critical work, as well as collaborating and service other InfoSec teams in delivering innovative solutions to improve overall security postures. The Security Engineering team works closely with Security Architecture, Security Operations, Governance and Compliance, Offensive Security, Security Operations Center, and numerous other teams in building engineering solutions to improve security postures.
As a Security Engineering Manager, you will…
- Perform workforce management such as hire, develop, encourage, and lead a talented team of cyber security engineers and developers in implementing engineering InfoSec solutions.
- Competency in full cycle management of: vendors management, budget planning and management, drafting procurement RFPs, contract evaluations, and contractor performance evaluations.
- Excellent leadership and management skills with the ability to motivate and inspire a team. Exhibit thoughtful servant leadership methodology. Create a culture of trust, encourage diversity of thoughts, commitment to the growth of team members, and empathy with excellent listening skills.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to the security engineering team, promoting professional development and knowledge sharing.
- Served as team project manager, utilizing Agile methodology to run sprints; initiate, track, and assist as necessary to ensure successful completion of deliverables.
- Resources management: Determine and manage resources needs and risk impacting the group, team priorities, and roadmap communicates and partners with InfoSec leaders.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest security technologies, tools, and frameworks to continuously enhance the company’s security posture.
- Proficiency in security frameworks and standards (NIST, ISO 27001/2, GDPR, FISMA, etc.), with the ability to collaborate with stakeholders to define and implement security policies, standards, controls, and procedures that align with numerous regulatory compliance requirements (SOC, CMMC, FedRAMP, etc.). Translate compliance requirements into actionable technical tasks to Security engineers.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams with respect and professionalism. Establishes and maintains relationships and effectively communicates with customers, business unit leaders, and senior management to raise visibility and ensure collaboration with appropriate key stakeholders.
- Proficient in public speaking and presentations of both technical and non-technical topics to various audiences, including colleagues, senior management, other divisional leaders, partners, and vendors.
- Responsible for the outcome of work performed by direct reports within Security Engineering. Ensuring processes are continuously improved. Maintain and operate in a collaborative team environment.
- Adaptable and able to succeed in a fast paced and dynamic environment with ever changing priorities, technical challenges, budgetary constraints, and regulatory rules.
- Be able to work with a global workforce across different geographical locations and timezones.
- Have a commitment and flexibility when facing major deployment challenges or security incidents.
Experience you'll need:
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 7+ years experience in information security, security engineering, or related field
- 7+ years combined experience in building and managing security solutions across the stack (on-prem and cloud)
- 5+ years Working experience in GCP, AWS or Azure
- Strong understanding of logging and data management best practices and strong experience in any logging and/or Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) platform
- 3+ years direct people management experience, including supervisory experience
- Strong track record of contributing and enabling a team-oriented environment, with demonstrable servant leadership skills
- Leadership experience collaborating with internal customers to establish strong requirements, prioritize work based on outcomes that drive risk reduction and operational effectiveness
- Prior experience working in environments with NIST 800-37, NIST 800-53, NIST 800-171 framework and controls
- Security certifications are a plus (ISC² CISSP, ISC² CCSP, ISACA CISM, SANS certs, vendor certs, etc.)
- Project management Institute PMP certifications or other equivalent certifications are a plus
- College or graduate level leadership courseware or equivalent trainings are desirable
- High competency in Python programming language
- Knowledge of container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc), microservices and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with with security automation and data management tools (XSOAR, Phantom, Snowflake, etc)
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.