Value Solutions Engineer (Pre-sales)
Value Solutions Engineer
About the Team:
At Rubrik, we are revolutionizing cloud data management by creating the world’s first platform to orchestrate data for hybrid cloud enterprises anytime, anywhere. We are relentlessly focused on bringing a fresh approach and innovation to this old problem by blending future proof architecture with consumer grade simplicity. We have an exciting challenge in front of us with opportunities in search, analytics, scalable systems and many other areas. We’re proud to have been recognized as a 2019 LinkedIn Top Company and both a Forbes Cloud 100 Company and LinkedIn Top Startup three years in a row.
Rubrik delivers a single platform to manage and protect data in the cloud, at the edge, and on-premises. Enterprises choose Rubrik’s Cloud Data Management software to simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, and enable automation at scale. Rubrik’s run-anywhere, scale-out architecture is built to empower IT departments today, and in the future, reducing the total cost of ownership while enabling infrastructure flexibility for a multi-cloud world.
Our focus is on the people that can produce extraordinary results. We need individuals who are comfortable with ambiguity and excited by the prospect of a challenge. Bottom line, if you have a limitless drive and like to win, we want to talk to you!
The Value Solutions Engineer is a vital component of our systems engineering organization and holds a crucial role in our rapidly growing business. With a primary focus on driving greater customer value, this role actively contributes to upselling and cross selling initiatives and ensures a customer-centric approach across all interactions.
In this role you will:
- Serve as a trusted advisor to our customers, actively identifying and driving new customer opportunities that align with their business objectives.
- Conduct comprehensive Rubrik business reviews to gain insights into our customers specific business problems and challenges, and effectively communicate how Rubrik solutions can address those issues.
- Successfully builds relationships with the account team, partners and customers in support of sales team objectives
- Create side by side battle cards, videos, white papers, infographics, blogs, or other content for internal and external audiences.
- Regular sales and SE calls with or without potential customers on the phone/in-person
- Engage in collaborative problem-solving and strategic discussions with Rubrik account teams to prepare for upcoming client meetings, ensuring alignment and maximizing customer satisfaction.
- Create compelling value-based proposals that leverage total cost of ownership and return on investment models, demonstrating the financial benefits of Rubrik solutions.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of Rubrik technology and deliver engaging product presentations, demos, and workshops that highlight the technical capabilities and business value of Rubrik solutions.
- Analyze market trends and competitor offerings to effectively position Rubrik as the leading choice for customers, highlighting our competitive advantages and differentiators.
- Conduct objective security assessments of prospects' current solutions to identify vulnerabilities and gaps, and recommend enhancements to improve their overall security posture.
- Regularly collaborate with product management as a field representative, providing competitive intelligence and requirements to drive product development and enhancements.
- 5-7 years of experience in pre-sales or account management in a software or data center environment Good understanding of Security and Data Protection fundamentals is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication, strategic planning, and project management skills
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Driven – need for success, highly energetic with a strong hands-on, “can do” approach.
- Entrepreneurial - willing to go the extra mile, strong work ethic, resourceful, “get it done” attitude
- Comfortable working with multiple decision-makers to drive presentations and demos
- Comfortable working across multiple departments in a deadline-driven environment
- Smart, adaptable and open-minded
- Very comfortable presenter of technical and business material to both small and large audiences
- Comfortable working remotely in an autonomous manner`
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.