Business Development Associate
Sales & Business Development
Buffalo, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2023
What we do and why we do it
As the leading end-to-end investment platform for single-family rental homes (SFR), our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective, and simple. We successfully merge our passion for helping investors build wealth through real estate with cutting edge technology that transforms the way they do it.
How it’s going (and growing)
With a talented team of 400+ Roofsters, our collaborative, can-do culture is what fuels our growth. Early last year we closed on our Series E, raising $240 million, and have offices in California, Texas, and New York as well as many remote opportunities. Our growth includes recent acquisitions of Great Jones (full-service property management), Stessa (financial management software) to empower customers with a seamless way to acquire, manage, and track their investment properties on one platform, and Rent Prep (tenant screening and placement service for landlords).
Under our roof
We get a lot of attention for our innovation—like being on the Forbes Fintech 50 and Red Herring 100—but we’re most proud of being recognized as a Great Place to Work® (Check out our reviews!). We’re nice, get things done, and have fun. We champion professional growth and work-life balance.
Roofstock is seeking a Business Development Associate who will collaborate with RentPrep's Enterprise Growth Team to source and secure new business opportunities, develop client relationships, support new business onboarding, and manage enterprise and institutional client relationships. Additionally, it formulates strategies to optimize client performance and identifies cross-selling opportunities within existing client relationships.
What You Will Do:
- Work with the RentPrep Enterprise Growth Team to source and win new business opportunities.
- Develop relationships with enterprise and institutional clients.
- Support new business development by providing information for RFPs and new business pitches, attending meetings and presentations with existing and potential clients, and creating compelling presentations and other materials.
- Develop and manage enterprise and institutional client relationships, ensuring regular contact to maintain strong rapport.
- Collaborate with internal teams to gather information from multiple sources, analyzing the screening report results, and real estate market data to optimize performance for clients.
- Assist leadership team in onboarding new enterprise and institutional clients.
- Formulate strategies to maximize efficiency and execution for prospective clients to be onboarded onto RentPrep screening services.
- Identify opportunities in existing client relationships to increase efficiency, improve performance and identify cross-selling opportunities with broader Roofstock services.
- Collaborate with the Business Development Team to identify and evaluate potential strategic partnerships, alliances, or joint ventures that can enhance the company's offerings and market reach.
- Provide analytical support to the sales team, creating data-driven sales collateral, presentations, and proposals that showcase the company's value proposition.
- Work with large sets of data to inform business decisions and KPI tracking.
- Develop business plans and work cross-functionally in a collaborative environment to execute on Objectives and Key Results.
- Innovate and experiment, leveraging data to make decisions, in the pursuit of growth.
- Educate prospective clients on the Roofstock value proposition and the services offered.
- Build foundational processes that will help us scale faster.
What You Will Bring With You:
- Proven Background Screening Industry Experience and Proficiency in Compliance Standards (e.g., FCRA)
- Thorough understanding of background screening compliance requirements, data protection regulations, and privacy laws to ensure the company's adherence and educate clients
- Familiarity with background screening software, databases, and technologies used to process and manage background checks efficiently
- Flexibility to navigate evolving industry regulations, technology advancements, and client expectations
- High ethical standards and integrity when dealing with sensitive information and maintaining the reputation of the company
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven leadership skills that cultivate collaboration and stimulate pro-active communications among internal and external team members
- Self-motivated professional with ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet required deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Excel, PowerPoint, and data management skills
- A keen eye for detail and a results-driven approach
- Demonstrated ability to make sound judgements and resolve problems without supervision
- Ability to prioritize, including managing multiple projects with competing priorities, and structure your ideas into a course of action
- Confidence in delivering clear and engaging presentations to communicate findings, strategies, and recommendations to diverse audiences
- Capability to synthesize complex data into actionable insights and contribute to the development of strategic initiatives that drive growth
- Proficiency in data collection, interpretation, and analysis to extract meaningful insights from market trends, client behavior, and industry benchmarks
For our regular full-time roles we offer a great benefits package!
Equity incentives to give you a stake in the Company’s future
Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents (70%)
Flexible time off and sick days
We exhibit an upbeat and collaborative work culture
Virtual company-sponsored outings
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.