Contractor Program Security Officer - TS/SCI
About The Role
ABOUT ROCKET LAB
Rocket Lab is a global leader in launch and space systems. The rockets and satellites we build and launch enable some of the most ambitious and vital space missions globally, supporting scientific exploration, Earth observation and missions to combat climate change, national security, and exciting new technology demonstrations. Our Electron rocket has provided reliable access to orbit since 2018, becoming one of the most frequently launched rockets in the world. Neutron will be our next rocket on the launch pad, an advanced 13-tonne payload class, reusable rocket to launch the mega constellations of the future. Our space systems business includes our extensive line of satellites and components that have enabled more than 1,700 missions including the James Webb Space Telescope, NASA Psyche Mission, Artemis I, Mars Ingenuity helicopter, and more.
Join our pioneering team and launch your career to new heights!
CONTRACTOR PROGRAM SECURITY OFFICER
Based out of Rocket Lab's Headquarters in Long Beach, CA the Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO) is responsible for developing, implementing, supervising, and maintaining the security program for multiple Department of Defense (DoD) and/or Intelligence Community (IC) programs. In this role you will support the Corporate CPSO/FSO and Government Program Security organization, with deliverables required for internal leadership, board of directors, customers, and investors. You will assist in the management of multiple programmatic activities in support of both classified launch campaigns and space vehicle development. In this role you will be addressing all security and program related requirements across the spectrum of security disciplines including physical, information, personnel, operations security (OPSEC) and launch integration security.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Author, implement, support, and enforce comprehensive security plans that provide protection for the manufacture, movement, transportation, integration, and launch of classified as well as unclassified hardware, Launch Vehicles, and Space Vehicles (i.e., Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Concept of Operations (CONOPS), Emergency Action Plan (EAP), Program Protection Plan (PPP), Construction Security Plan (CSP), and Fixed Facility Checklists (FFC)).
- Conduct administrative inquiries of security incidents and non-compliance.
- Execute an ongoing program-specific security education and training program.
- Execute the security self-inspection program as well as the actions required to correct deficiencies and improve the overall security posture across each program area of responsibility.
- Perform aspects of personnel security (PERSEC) to include nomination interviews, validation of access requirements, submission of investigative requests and nomination packages, and indoctrinations. Ensure personnel security records within your cognizance are accurately maintained in both internal and official government systems of record (SOR), i.e., DISS, JADE, TALON/SCT.
- Perform courier duties and other security related travel as needed or required.
- Properly account for, control, package, transmit, destroy, and safeguard classified assets and COMSEC.
- Provide indirect supervision and training of less experienced security staff members.
- Support Business Development by providing security requirements and the estimation of security support for proposals.
- Perform other security-related duties as assigned or required by program needs.
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline and 5+ years of related work experience or have completed equivalent education, certification, and work experience
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with a current SSBI and must maintain an active Top Secret SCI clearance with polygraph as required by program sponsor(s).
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of NISPOM, SAP, SCI, and related security regulations.
- Must be located (or relocate to) within 60 minutes commuting distance from the facility with the ability to respond to and investigate after-hour alarms or on-call assignments when necessary.
- Ability to travel in support of other locations or programs when required.
The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at the listed location.
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with both senior level leaders, internal and external personnel, and customers on significant matters.
- Must be a self-driven and results-oriented individual capable of working multiple tasks concurrently while maintaining the ability to articulate and present intelligent, decisive, and risk-managed security recommendations and decisions in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Completion of Government Launch Security training program
- Experience with systems of record such as DISS, NBIS, NISS, TALON/SCT, SIMS, etc.
- Experience as titled COMSEC account manager.
- Experience developing and executing program protection strategies for existing and developing NISP, SAR, and/or SCI programs
- Experience with SCIF construction and ICD 705 Technical Specification.
- Ability to manage large projects or processes that span outside of immediate job area.
The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the California Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
Base salary is only one part of Rocket Lab’s compensation package for this role. You may be eligible for company stock, stock options, or cash incentives, and can purchase discounted stock through Rocket Lab’s Employee Stock Purchase Program. Employee benefits may also include medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage; 401(k) retirement plan options; paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave; paid parental leave; and other discounts and perks.
WHAT TO EXPECT
We’re on a mission to unlock the potential of space to improve life on Earth, but that’s not an easy task. It takes hard work, determination, relentless innovation, teamwork, grit, and an unwavering commitment to achieving what others often deem impossible. Our people out-think, out-work and out-pace. We pride ourselves on having each other’s backs, checking our egos at the door, and rolling up our sleeves on all tasks big and small. We thrive under pressure, work to tight deadlines, and our focus is always on how we can deliver, rather than dwelling on the challenges that stand in the way.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Rocket Lab Employees must be a U.S. citizen, lawful U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce, as applicable. Learn more about ITAR here.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for the application/interview process for a job in the United States should contact Giulia Biow at email@example.com.This dedicated resource is intended solely to assist job seekers with disabilities whose disability prevents them from being able to apply/interview. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.