Senior BI Supply Chain Analyst
About The Role
ABOUT ROCKET LAB
Rocket Lab is a global leader in launch and space systems. The rockets and satellites we build and launch enable some of the most ambitious and vital space missions globally, supporting scientific exploration, Earth observation and missions to combat climate change, national security, and exciting new technology demonstrations. Our Electron rocket has provided reliable access to orbit since 2018, becoming one of the most frequently launched rockets in the world. Neutron will be our next rocket on the launch pad, an advanced 13-tonne payload class, reusable rocket to launch the mega constellations of the future. Our space systems business includes our extensive line of satellites and components that have enabled more than 1,700 missions including the James Webb Space Telescope, NASA Psyche Mission, Artemis I, Mars Ingenuity helicopter, and more.
Join our pioneering team and launch your career to new heights!
SENIOR BI SUPPLY CHAIN ANALYST
Located onsite at Rocket Labs global headquarters in Long Beach, CA, the Senior BI Supply Chain Analyst will be responsible for developing BI reports and their underlying datasets, to provide analytics primarily to Supply Chain business users at Rocket Lab. Contributing to the development of Business Intelligence standards and our technology platform is an important part of the Business Intelligence Analyst’s responsibilities as is delivering information to measure output and identify bottlenecks. The Business Intelligence Analyst role requires the person to be proactive with an enquiring mindset who can work independently and collaboratively across the Rocket Lab business.
WHAT YOU'LL GET TO DO:
- Create insightful visualizations and reports using Power BI.
- Conduct testing and troubleshooting of deliverables.
- Own your deliverables including reports and data, ensuring accuracy & efficiency.
- Analyze and suggest process improvement for Supply Chain & ERP systems.
- Work with data engineers to mine data from a range of sources and help architect the reporting layer of data.
- Perform analyses to discover trends and identify weaknesses or improvements, and then present that data in meaningful ways.
- Reporting architecture experience including report delivery methods, report reusability, calendars and scheduling and ad-hoc reporting.
- Working with a range of people, mostly internal, to drive data analysis and process improvement activities forward in an organized and effective way.
- Applying process improvement techniques across the business to help deliver efficiency gains and increases in output.
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of experience in BI Analysis and a bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science.
- 5+ years of Power BI experience with DAX and Power Query.
- Proficient in SQL, including PL/SQL.
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Thorough understanding of Supply Chain processes (BOMs, Inventory movement, Planning, Procurement etc.), KPIs and standard reporting.
- 2 years of experience on Azure cloud platform (Synapse etc.)
- 1 year of experience in Python programming.
- Basic ML understanding and curiosity to detect useful data points.
- Fluid in communicating directly with business users.
- Familiarity with Agile methodology, SharePoint, Jira and Confluence.
The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the California Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
Base salary is only one part of Rocket Lab’s compensation package for this role. You may be eligible for company stock, stock options, or cash incentives, and can purchase discounted stock through Rocket Lab’s Employee Stock Purchase Program. Employee benefits may also include medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage; 401(k) retirement plan options; paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave; paid parental leave; and other discounts and perks.
WHAT TO EXPECT
We’re on a mission to unlock the potential of space to improve life on Earth, but that’s not an easy task. It takes hard work, determination, relentless innovation, teamwork, grit, and an unwavering commitment to achieving what others often deem impossible. Our people out-think, out-work and out-pace. We pride ourselves on having each other’s backs, checking our egos at the door, and rolling up our sleeves on all tasks big and small. We thrive under pressure, work to tight deadlines, and our focus is always on how we can deliver, rather than dwelling on the challenges that stand in the way.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Rocket Lab Employees must be a U.S. citizen, lawful U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce, as applicable. Learn more about ITAR here.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for the application/interview process for a job in the United States should contact Giulia Biow at email@example.com.This dedicated resource is intended solely to assist job seekers with disabilities whose disability prevents them from being able to apply/interview. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.