IT Support Specialist
About The Role
ABOUT ROCKET LAB
Rocket Lab is a global leader in launch and space systems. The rockets and satellites we build and launch enable some of the most ambitious and vital space missions globally, supporting scientific exploration, Earth observation and missions to combat climate change, national security, and exciting new technology demonstrations. Our Electron rocket has provided reliable access to orbit since 2018, becoming one of the most frequently launched rockets in the world. Neutron will be our next rocket on the launch pad, an advanced 13-tonne payload class, reusable rocket to launch the mega constellations of the future. Our space systems business includes our extensive line of satellites and components that have enabled more than 1,700 missions including the James Webb Space Telescope, NASA Psyche Mission, Artemis I, Mars Ingenuity helicopter, and more.
Join our pioneering team and launch your career to new heights!
IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Based onsite at Rocket Lab's Middle River, MD facility, The IT Support Specialist, will work closely with the IT Support Team Lead, managing the IT Service Desk queue and carrying out the day-to-day Service Desk functions required to provide the efficient delivery of IT services. Effective communication and world class support is vital to the success of this role.
You'll have the opportunity to provide instruction, guidance, and technical support to the different teams at Rocket Lab to deliver and support IT systems through efficient management of the IT Service Desk. This is carried out via on site desktop support, phone, IM, and email. You'll also be responsible for ensuring that systems are compliant with applicable standards to maintain robust information security in accordance with PSR and NIST 800-171.
WHAT YOU'LL GET TO DO:
- Provide quality IT support and service by interacting positively with our staff, answering inquiries, and effectively handling complaints.
- Is an expert in finding a way to say yes.
- Track and update support desk Incident, Request, Problem, and Change, Project tickets, and other documentation.
- Provide assistance, training and guidance to new starters. Help identify ways that we can improve our onboarding process and experience.
- Helps with problem research and documentation to provide workarounds and fixes.
- Enable on time delivery of Production and Launch services through provision and support of IT systems and services.
- Provide assistance, training and guidance to new starters.
- Report on any new business requirements.
- Participate in the Continuous Improvement Process; the ongoing effort to improve our service, IT Systems, and processes.
- Assist in the development of new systems and networks.
YOU'LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or GED and 1+ Years’ experience in an IT support or service role.
- Basic understanding and experience in following a framework for service delivery such as ITIL.
- Experience / knowledge of at least some of the below:
- Windows and/or Linux desktop operating systems.
- Windows and/or Linux server (Ubuntu/Debian) enterprise environments.
- virtualization technologies, public / private cloud.
- Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Database and reporting technologies: MS SQL, Power BI, MySQL, Tableau, etc
- Modern web-based applications including hosting, troubleshooting, security, etc.
- Security frameworks and technology: ISO 27001, NIST 800-171, IPSEC, SSL VPNs, firewalls, etc.
- Cloud based technologies: Azure, AWS, O365, etc.
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Strong organization skills with the ability to delegate tasks, set clear goals, and deadlines.
- Experience working in a high tech fast paced industry such as semi-conductor or aerospace industries supporting hardware/software engineers, labs and manufacturing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills – able to see the big picture, make connections and appropriate decisions.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate and present complex and technical concepts and ideas to a general audience.
- Being an exceptional multitasker, displaying excellent time management skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to travel and communicate outside of work hours.
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed.
WHAT TO EXPECT
We’re on a mission to unlock the potential of space to improve life on Earth, but that’s not an easy task. It takes hard work, determination, relentless innovation, teamwork, grit, and an unwavering commitment to achieving what others often deem impossible. Our people out-think, out-work and out-pace. We pride ourselves on having each other’s backs, checking our egos at the door, and rolling up our sleeves on all tasks big and small. We thrive under pressure, work to tight deadlines, and our focus is always on how we can deliver, rather than dwelling on the challenges that stand in the way.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Rocket Lab Employees must be a U.S. citizen, lawful U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce, as applicable. Learn more about ITAR here.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.