Program Operations Engineering, Leadership Opportunity
About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,800 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Neutron is a medium lift launch vehicle capable of delivering the mega constellations of tomorrow, high assurance payloads, and human spaceflight. As a highly reusable launch platform, Neutron will deliver a highly cost-effective and reliable launch solution leveraging Rocket Lab’s proven execution history with the Electron program. If you’re interested in joining a high performing team, pushing the boundaries with a clean sheet development of re-usable liquid launch vehicle, this is your opportunity!
PROGRAM OPERATIONS ENGINEERING LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITY
We are rapidly growing our team at our Space Structures Complex in Middle River, Maryland. If you're interested in leading high performing team, pushing the boundaries with a clean sheet development of a re-usable liquid launch vehicle, this is your opportunity. This is a unique, exciting Leadership opportunity and we’re looking for the best to join the team!
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- This is a key leadership role supporting the development of the Neutron launch vehicle and related Composites production where you will work across several functional disciplines and organizations to align teams with program objectives
- This role will be responsible for maintaining alignment through schedule, and budget while supporting technical direction of all US based operations for the Neutron launch vehicle and ground systems development
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- 8+ years+ of experience in Engineering and Production leadership supporting high paced technical projects
- Recent experience being focal point and lead working with US government agencies
- High level of expertise in Program Management, including schedule and cost control
- Demonstrated experience in engineering and product certification
- New space or other highly technical development experience is a must
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Master's degree in a technical discipline
- Extensive experience in composite structures development and manufacturing
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to drive outcomes from adjacent teams in a matrix organizational structure
- Proven capability with building (from the ground up) and running high performing teams
- Strong work ethic, and ability to leverage Rocket Lab’s existing global team and facilities
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Rocket Lab Employees must be a U.S. citizen, lawful U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce, as applicable. Learn more about ITAR here.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.