System Integration Testing Engineer
About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
About the role
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced System Integration Testing Engineer to join our HITL team. Internally, this role is known as HITL Engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining our Hardware-In-The-Loop (HITL) systems, which are used to test the features and improve the performance of our rockets: Electron and Neutron.
You will work closely with many departments, such as GNC (Guidance, Navigation and Control), FSW (Flight Software), Avionics, Propulsion, RF, OpSW (Operational Software), Ground Systems, Recovery, and many others, to develop, build, maintain and operate the HITL simulators. You will be responsible for ensuring that our HITL systems are scalable, reliable, efficient, always online and ready to go.
Essential education and experience
- Bachelor / Master / PhD in Mechatronics, Computer Science, Electronics, or related fields.
- 2+ years of experience as a HITL Engineer, Test Engineer, or related fields.
- Strong background in Electronics and Software.
- Proficiency with at least one programming language, such as Python, C/C++, C#, Matlab.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking.
- Demonstrated success working in a dynamic environment with multiple priorities.
- Experienced operating Windows and Linux machines from CLI.
- Good in-depth knowledge of TCP/IP networking stack, subnetting.
- Harnessing design and manufacturing.
- Experience in debugging with Oscilloscopes and Logic Analysers.
- Experience with Low Voltage power systems.
- Experience with digital and analogue signals.
- Experience with serial/TTL communications.
- Experience with RF Systems.
- Experience with Redmine, Jira, Bugzilla or other issue trackers.
- Experience developing software for autonomous vehicles operating in harsh environments, such as missiles, rockets, satellites, UAVs, or autonomous underwater vehicles.
Rocket Lab Employee Benefits
- The opportunity to work on innovative and ground breaking technology
- An employee stock purchase program
- Access to world leading experts to develop your career
- Unlimited barista coffee, fruit and snacks
- Rocket Lab merchandise – T-shirts, mission patches etc.
- Discounted health insurance with Southern Cross
- Additional parental leave entitlements
- A vibrant team culture with social activities throughout the year
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Rocket Lab Employees must be a U.S. citizen, lawful U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce, as applicable. Learn more about ITAR here.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for the application/interview process for a job in the United States should contact Giulia Biow at email@example.com.This dedicated resource is intended solely to assist job seekers with disabilities whose disability prevents them from being able to apply/interview. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.