Director of Total Rewards
About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
DIRECTOR OF TOTAL REWARDS
Based out of Rocket Lab's global headquarters in Long Beach, CA, the Director of Total Rewards is responsible for the strategic analysis, design, implementation, and administration of compensation and benefits across all new hires and internal employees. You will support the People & Culture organization with deliverables required for internal leadership, board of directors, and investors. This role will support creating and driving the strategy, policy, and programs spanning all areas of compensation, total rewards, and equity to ensure pay practices are fair, equitable, and competitive to attract and retain the best talent in the world. The candidate will have the opportunity to build great relationships within the business to provide a world class compensation program.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Act as consultant to the Human Resources (HR) team and business leadership to support their decision making for hiring, promotions, specific organizational initiatives, and annual compensation and benefits programs.
- Conduct research, quantitative analysis, data modeling, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand trends to drive strategic decisions around people
- Develop compensation and benefits programs including job levels, salary structures, and recognition programs
- Aggregate data to participate in compensation surveys
- Develop and implement communication and training for compensation programs for recruiters, human resources professionals and managers to promote understanding and transparency
- Mentor and train junior members of the team
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in business, mathematics, economics, or finance
- 12+ years of professional experience in compensation analysis and benefits administration
- Experience leading internal and external market analysis
- Advanced proficiency in excel, including experience building models and analyses
- Workday Advanced Compensation experience
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Master’s Degree
- 10+ years of experience
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to present to a variety of team members
- Knowledge of laws and regulations as they apply to base compensation and incentive compensation programs, company policies, and operations
- Complex understanding of compensation
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong consultative skills and highly effective in communicating clearly and persuasively with excellent influencing skills
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems using best practices, knowledge of internal and external business issues to provide a new perspective on existing solutions or create new solutions
- Experience developing stock based compensation packages
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple high-priorities in a fast-paced environment
The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the California Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
In addition to base salary, Rocket Lab offers a comprehensive total compensation package based on individual qualifications and experience, which may include cash or equity incentives. Employees will also be eligible for medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k) retirement plan options, and to purchase discounted stock through Rocket Lab's Employee Stock Purchase Program.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Rocket Lab Employees must be a U.S. citizen, lawful U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce, as applicable. Learn more about ITAR here.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for the application/interview process for a job in the United States should contact Giulia Biow at email@example.com.This dedicated resource is intended solely to assist job seekers with disabilities whose disability prevents them from being able to apply/interview. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.