Facilities Technician IV - HVAC
About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
SOLAERO BY ROCKET LAB
This is a rare opportunity to play a key role in Rocket Lab’s evolution into an end-to-end space company that delivers launch, spacecraft, and on-orbit operations. The Space Systems Division is shaping Rocket Lab’s future with Photon, our brand of high-performance satellites, enabling innovative missions in low Earth orbit and beyond including missions for NASA to LEO, the Moon, and Mars and commercial customers including leading the design and manufacture of 17 high power telecommunication spacecraft buses for Globalstar.
SolAero by Rocket Lab is a leading provider of high efficiency solar cells, solar panels, and composite structural products for satellite and aerospace applications. We are the world’s only vertically integrated, end-to-end supplier of satellite solar arrays. SolAero’ s proven flight heritage, high-volume production capability, and technology position us to service the world’s most demanding satellite applications. Our space solar products have powered over 1,000 satellites in orbit to date.
FACILITIES TECH IV OPERATIONS SUPPORT- HVAC TECHNICIAN
Based at SolAero by Rocket Lab in Albuquerque, New Mexico the Operations HVAC support technician is responsible for facilities maintenance and ERT team support. . You will support the Facilities Manager and operations organization, with deliverables required for internal leadership, board of directors, and investors.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Troubleshooting and repair of all facility/HVAC equipment and systems.
- Monitors and assures that environmental standards for clean room operation are
- Performs facilities and process equipment operational and preventive maintenance procedures.
- Works with engineers to resolve issues or plan for acquiring/installing new equipment or systems.
- Install new facilities and process equipment
- Assumes leadership role in training and support of new technicians.
- Monitors facility/HVAC systems and suggests modifications for improvement.
- Maintain facility data collection requirements and procedures.
- Identifies nonconformance when they occur and participates in finding the solution to the nonconformance.
- Deploys the Quality Management System as it applies to the scope of work.
- Serve as member of Emergency Response Team.
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent with 5 years of related experience
THESE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Associates degree in a related field of study is a plus
- Respirator experience – must be clean shaven
- Forklift experience a plus
- Osha and/or safety training a plus
- Working knowledge of HVAC systems maintenance.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions including drawing and print interpretation and application.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Previous Clean Room work environment is a plus
- Understanding of mechanical, electro-pneumatics, digital and analogue electronics, and working knowledge of Automated Building Controls
- Familiar with motor controls, compressed air and gas systems, and gas control systems is a plus.
- Familiarity with CCTV, fire and security alarm systems is a plus.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Rocket Lab Employees must be a U.S. citizen, lawful U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce, as applicable. Learn more about ITAR here.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for the application/interview process for a job in the United States should contact Giulia Biow at firstname.lastname@example.org.This dedicated resource is intended solely to assist job seekers with disabilities whose disability prevents them from being able to apply/interview. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.