IQC Inspector (Fixed Term)
About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
About the role
At Rocket Lab, traceability and inspection are paramount to our quality and tracking processes. This role is within our team of Quality Control Inspectors.
This role is within our team of Quality Control Inspectors who are responsible for ensuring all purchased materials conforms to our high-quality standards through technical inspections, documentation is filed and stored correctly, parts are supplied to flight stores and production on time.
You will be responsible primarily, but not limited to, for the visual inspection of PCB assemblies under microscope i.e., components check and soldering quality, conformal coating. You should be able to perform component resoldering and other related PCBA reworks. Hence, a good manual soldering skill is required. Preferably, knowledgeable with IPC – J standard.
Training will be provided. However, you should be comfortable with engineering drawings, understanding inspection reports, administrative tasks, ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines, be well organised, have sharp time management skills and a high level of attention to detail.
This role is a fixed-term contract placement for a 12-month period.
- 1+ years experience in hand-soldering.
- 1+ years experience in Quality Inspection or Incoming Inspection of soldered components in PCB assemblies.
- Able to understand engineering drawings
- Familiar with Microsoft office suite products
- Some experience working in a manufacturing environment ideally with experience around quality processes.
- The ability to understand engineering
- Ability to learn & operate new equipment
- Proactive, enthusiastic, self-motivated and open to learning new skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Well organised with attention to detail
- Robust communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships.
- Certified/Trained/Experienced in compliance with IPC standard.
- Experience in using Vernier callipers, micro-meters, gauges – height, thread, pin and other similar measuring equipment.
- Working safely with ESD sensitive
- Experience with CMM and non-contact measuring
- Experience in manufacturing, automotive, medical, aerospace or aviation industry
- Willing and able to commit to altering shift times, between day and night.
Rocket Lab Employee Benefits
- The opportunity to work on innovative and ground breaking technology
- An employee stock purchase program
- Access to world leading experts to develop your career
- Unlimited barista coffee, fruit, and snacks
- Rocket Lab merchandise – T-shirts, mission patches etc.
- Discounted health insurance with Southern Cross
- Additional parental leave entitlements
- A vibrant team culture with social activities throughout the year
If the above sounds like you apply now!
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Rocket Lab Employees must be a U.S. citizen, lawful U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce, as applicable. Learn more about ITAR here.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for the application/interview process for a job in the United States should contact Giulia Biow at firstname.lastname@example.org.This dedicated resource is intended solely to assist job seekers with disabilities whose disability prevents them from being able to apply/interview. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.