Senior Manufacturing Engineer
About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
PSC by Rocket Lab (PSC) is a well-known supplier of aerospace mechanisms for the satellite industry since 1998. To date, PSC has approximately 200 successful product operations in orbit. For more information about PSC, see https://www.rocketlabusa.com/space-systems/separation-systems/
PSC’s products include separation systems, on-orbit devices, and other electro-mechanical deployables that are designed, assembled, and tested within PSC’s ~20,000 sq. ft. facility.
SENIOR MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
PSC is seeking a pro-active Senior Manufacturing Engineer to continually improve product quality, product cost and production efficiency.
WHAT YOU'LL GET TO DO:
- Identify and implement quality and efficiency related improvements to aerospace mechanisms
- Investigate and resolve non-conformances via root cause investigations and preventative action determination
- Develop and maintain continuous manufacturing improvement processes \
- Evaluate and improve products using Design For Manufacture concepts
- Refine and develop production procedures (work instructions) that facilitate efficient, repeatable and reliable manufacturing
- Design and implement production tooling and automation equipment to improve quality and efficiency
YOU'LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant engineering field and 5+ years of experience as a Manufacturing Engineer
- Experience evaluating and improving the manufacturability of products
- Experience leading non-conformance investigations and preventative action determination
- Experience implementing and utilizing statistical process controls
- Experience with FMEA, process mapping, time studies, and process improvement techniques
- Experience implementing quality initiatives
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Master’s degree in relevant engineering field
- GD&T understanding
- Experience automating a manufacturing process
- Programming experience to automate production data collection and analysis
- Familiarity with common aerospace manufacturing methods, materials and surface treatments
- Manufacturing automation programming experience (Motion Controllers, PLC, etc.)
- Experience with Siemens Solid Edge CAD and Teamcenter PLM software
Title: Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Position Type: Full-time, in-person
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefit package commensurate with experience
Benefits: Paid vacation and holidays, medical, life, and disability insurance, 401k plan with company match, flex-time work schedule, new parent leave, and more.
Travel: Typically ≤2 weeks per year
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Rocket Lab Employees must be a U.S. citizen, lawful U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce, as applicable. Learn more about ITAR here.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for the application/interview process for a job in the United States should contact Giulia Biow at email@example.com.This dedicated resource is intended solely to assist job seekers with disabilities whose disability prevents them from being able to apply/interview. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.