About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Based on site at Rocket Lab's headquarters in Long Beach, California (RLHQ) the Facilities Manager is responsible for facilities maintenance, operations, and improvement projects across our North American facilities, with the main focus being on RLHQ facility. It also encompasses equipment maintenance and tool calibration responsibilities. You will report to the operations organization in RLHQ with deliverables required for internal leadership, board of directors, and investors.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Utilizing internal and external resources-. Manage RLHQ facility operations as primary responsibility, including janitorial, maintenance, repair, and update/upgrade activities. Support to other Rocket Lab North America facilities may be requested. Note: This does not include responsibility for major facility renovations / construction projects, but support may be requested for the timely execution of these projects.
- Develop maintenance policy and procedures that ensure the optimal functioning of buildings, grounds, and associated equipment.
- Develop and execute plan to manage all building systems including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, safety, and waste management.
- Develop and execute plans for facilities modifications and improvements with the focus on scope, schedule, and budget.
- Manage and train a staff of employees in the general maintenance of buildings, grounds, and equipment.
- Ensure facilities maintenance work follows safety standards, conforms to specifications, and that work orders are tracked and completed within the budgeted guidelines.
- Works hand in hand with subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. Ensures that project milestones are met and adhering to approved budgets.
- Manages facilities and equipment breakdown ticketing system (JIRA) and set priorities for resolution.
- Manages team to handle hazardous waste streams in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Manage RLHQ Equipment Engineering, including equipment maintenance, repair, and update/upgrade activities, planning, procurement, installation and (de)commissioning of equipment to ensure equipment uptime and reliability in safe conditions.
- Effective oversight & maintenance of the RLHQ facility and building & manufacturing infrastructure therein, adherence to and enforcement of site safety, security and cleanliness requirements.
- Manage tool calibration program.
- Some travel is required. Other duties as assigned
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5 years in the related area as an individual contributor.
- 2 - 3 years supervisory experience
- Extensive knowledge of facilities systems and improvement projects.
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related subject area
- Facilities management experience in an Aerospace, Automotive, Medical Device, or similar heavily regulated manufacturing environment
- Experience with managing cleanrooms
The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the California Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
In addition to base salary, Rocket Lab offers a comprehensive total compensation package based on individual qualifications and experience, which may include cash or equity incentives. Employees will also be eligible for medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k) retirement plan options, and to purchase discounted stock through Rocket Lab's Employee Stock Purchase Program.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Rocket Lab Employees must be a U.S. citizen, lawful U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce, as applicable. Learn more about ITAR here.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for the application/interview process for a job in the United States should contact Giulia Biow at email@example.com.This dedicated resource is intended solely to assist job seekers with disabilities whose disability prevents them from being able to apply/interview. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.