Senior IT Systems Engineer - Platform Team
About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Life at Rocket Lab
IT SYSTEMS ENGINEER - PLATFORM TEAM
Located onsite at our headquarters in Long Beach, CA, the IT Systems Engineer will be responsible for the implementation, administration, and operation of the Windows Server platform and operating system environments that are in use at Rocket Lab. These platforms and operating systems include:
- Windows Server
- SCCM / MECM
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Enable Rocket Lab Engineers globally, by leveraging the last platform technology, to efficiently design, manufacture, and manage the next generation of rockets and space systems.
- Assist our fantastic team by providing subject matter expertise and support for our different platforms, operating system environments, and supporting infrastructure.
- Carry out upgrades and maintenance with a focus on continuous improvement to provide a reliable and secure infrastructure.
- Assist with and/or manage project planning and deployment for platform initiatives.
- Support the Configuration Management function(s) at Rocket Lab through the implementation of Standards for the deployment and management of the different platform environments to ensure:
- Compliance with Rocket Lab Policies
- Compliance with Cybersecurity policies, standards, and procedures.
- Improvements to increase reliability of systems
- System High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Simplified and consistent environment management practices
- Complete and compliant system baselines and hardening guides for each OS and environment
- Automated build, deployment, and maintenance processes for each OS and environment
- Clear and concise reporting on usage, uptime, support levels, etc.
- Comprehensive documentation of environments and support
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of experience in IT.
- 2+ of those years of experience in a platform focused technology role.
- Strong knowledge of one or more of the following: VMware, Windows, Configuration Management, Automation
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Scripting, automation, or Infrastructure as Code experience.
- O365, Azure, and/or AWS experience.
- GPO Policy, Group, Computer, and User Administration in complex environment
- Security frameworks and technology: ISO 27001, NIST 800-171, IPSEC, SSL VPNs, firewalls, etc.
The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the California Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
In addition to base salary, Rocket Lab offers a comprehensive total compensation package based on individual qualifications and experience, which may include cash or equity incentives. Employees will also be eligible for medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k) retirement plan options, and to purchase discounted stock through Rocket Lab's Employee Stock Purchase Program.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Rocket Lab Employees must be a U.S. citizen, lawful U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce, as applicable. Learn more about ITAR here.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.