Material Handler I
About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Life at Rocket Lab
SOLAERO BY ROCKET LAB
SolAero Technologies is a leading provider of high efficiency solar cells, solar panels, and composite structural products for satellite and aerospace applications. We are the world’s only vertically integrated, end-to-end supplier of satellite solar arrays. SolAero’s proven flight heritage, high-volume production capability, and technology position us to service the world’s most demanding satellite applications. Our space solar products have powered over 1,00 satellites in orbit to date.
SolAero has an immediate need for a Material Handler to join our shipping and receiving department in Albuquerque. In this role, you will be responsible for activities related to the receiving, storing, and/or shipping of materials or finished goods.
What you'll get to do:
- Ensure materials are received from proper vendors and delivered to inventory
- Ensuring finished goods are packaged according to specifications and shipped in a timely manner
- Review receipts of all materials to ensure purchase orders are open and the quality of materials received is correct
- Ensure the security and accountability of materials and goods with inventory control
- Ensure materials are available to meet production schedules and/or products are shipped as per marketing schedules
- Establish and modify operational methods and procedures
- Act as an advisor to unit or sub-units and become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems
- Perform the physical or administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing, and distributing of materials, parts, supplies, and equipment
- Unpack and check goods received against packing list or invoices
- Maintain records of received goods and reject unsatisfactory items
- Lift heavy items and operate a forklift (once certified)
- Post weights and shipping charges, and prepare goods for final shipment
- Examine, stock, and distribute materials in inventory and on manufacturing lines
- Prepare kitting packages for assembly production
- Deliver material to end users as required
- Handle hazardous material in accordance with company procedures
You'll bring these qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 2+ years of related experience in shipping and receiving
These Qualifications would be nice to have:
- International shipping experience a plus
- Basic computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work on multiple tasks
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the English language
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Familiarity with freight carriers such as FedEx, UPS, DHL, and common truck carriers
- Experience in a customer service environment
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Occasionally required to stand and walk
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Note: this is a warehouse environment, but you must be able to gown up in a bunny suit and conform to Class 1000 Cleanroom protocol as required
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Rocket Lab Employees must be a U.S. citizen, lawful U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce, as applicable. Learn more about ITAR here.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for the application/interview process for a job in the United States should contact Giulia Biow at email@example.com.This dedicated resource is intended solely to assist job seekers with disabilities whose disability prevents them from being able to apply/interview. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.