About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Life at Rocket Lab
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
About the role
As a CNC Operator you will be responsible for all aspects of CNC machine set up, loading, and unloading raw materials, monitoring cutting conditions, inspecting finished parts, in process adjustments, and maintenance of CNC equipment as necessary for production.
Working closely with the programming and planning team, your objective is to maximise daily productivity, machine utilisation and quality of finished parts.
Please note: The hours of work are Sunday - Thursday - 14:30 - 23:30
- Fanuc, Siemens, and Mitsubishi CNC controls
- Excellent attention to detail and record keeping
- High level of workmanship
- GD&T, part measurement and gauging
- Adheres to standardized processes
- Ability to work independently and deliver against deadlines
- Constantly maintains a clean, safe, and efficient work area
- Excellent communication and ability to work in a team as well as autonomously
- A high work ethic, always seeking more responsibility
- Takes initiative and remains calm under pressure
- Computer literate, and comfortable using smartphones and tablets
- Experience (or interest) in working in a fabrication/machining environment
- Previous experience in aviation, motorsports or defence
Rocket Lab Employee Benefits
- The opportunity to work on disruptive space technology
- An employee stock purchase program
- Access to world leading experts to develop your career
- Unlimited barista coffee, fruit, and snacks
- Rocket Lab merchandise – T-shirts, mission patches etc.
- Discounted health insurance
- Additional parental leave entitlements
- A vibrant team culture with social activities throughout the year
- Diverse and dynamic environment
If you meet some the above criteria and would like to know more apply now! All applications are reviewed and considered.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Rocket Lab Employees must be a U.S. citizen, lawful U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce, as applicable. Learn more about ITAR here.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.