Electronics Technician - HV Battery
About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Life at Rocket Lab
About the position
As an Avionics Technician you will have the opportunity to work with modern HV electrical systems, test equipment and a limited number of simple mechanical systems. You will carry out all aspects of HV cell and battery assembly, testing, troubleshooting and rework. This is all focused on quality and built to meet the production schedule.
As a Technician, you will be hands on, working with tools, equipment and/or facilities to build, launch or test Electron launch vehicles or components.
Your responsibilities contribute to the overall production and launch schedule.
Rocket Lab is an equal opportunity employer going through hypergrowth, if you meet some or all of the requirements - we have multiple positions available.
- Trade qualified in relevant industry
- Must be able to demonstrate 4+ years of relevant industry experience
- Precision mechanical and electrical assembly
- Operation of mechanical, electrical and automated test equipment
- Have a working understanding of standard industry ESD policy
- Have a good level of eyesight and be able to inspect PCBs and wiring assemblies to a high workmanship standard
- Be able to manufacture components to a high workmanship standard, including some soldering and wire harnessing.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as autonomously
- Able to read, understand and follow manufacturing instructions and drawings
- A high work ethic, always seeking more responsibility. Able to work long hours if required
- Takes initiative
- Remains calm under pressure
- Computer literate, and comfortable using smartphones and tablets
Rocket Lab Employee Benefits
- The opportunity to work on innovative technology
- An employee stock purchase program
- Merit-based career progression
- All inclusive and equal opportunity employer
- Access to world leading experts to develop your career
- Rocket Lab merchandise – T-shirts, mission patches etc.
- Discounted health insurance with Southern Cross
- Additional parental leave entitlements
- A vibrant team culture with social activities throughout the year
If you're considering a career in aerospace All applications are reviewed and considered.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. person as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.