Vehicle Integration Manufacturing Engineer
About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Life at Rocket Lab
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
About the role
The Vehicle Integration Manufacturing Engineer enables the production team to achieve the required production rates with the right quality.
They are responsible for supporting all aspects of production at Rocket Lab. This is delivered by taking ownership of products released to production, removing production blockers, dispositioning non-conformance tickets, performing root-cause analysis, and implementing corrective actions.
They are responsible for the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of manufacturing processes and procedures, leveraging their strong working knowledge of both the product and best-practice manufacturing techniques.
Manufacturing Engineers are also expected to work with the production team to develop manufacturing best practices, optimising processes for production, and implementing new processes through prototyping, test, and integration.
The Manufacturing Engineering team regularly are required to undertake practical problem solving over a wide variety of systems and situations, so the ability to remain flexible while applying sound, risk-based engineering decision making processes is critical.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related
- Hands-on technical experience debugging complex mechanical systems within a Manufacturing environment
- Strong communicator, with proven ability to deliver KPI’s with little to no supervision on schedule as an individual or as a member of an integrated team
- Can-do approach and flexibility to thrive around growing teams and processes
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven risk assessment and risk-based decision making skills
- Experience with ERP/PLM Systems - Siemens Team Centre / Infor LN
- Computer Aided Design experience, preferably with Siemens NX
- Knowledge of production quality metrics
- Working experience with environmental acceptance/production acceptance testing, such as vibration, shock, thermal, and vacuum
- Understanding of instrumentation, interfaces, and sensors including power supplies, accelerometers, thermocouples, RTDs, and pressure sensors
- Demonstrated experience with DFMEA, PFMEA methodologies, Fault Tree Analysis, Pareto analysis, root cause and corrective action
- SPC knowledge and experience applying statistical methods to track process capability and performance
- Proven ability to deliver new product implementation activities on time and to budget
- Familiar with engineering change processes and implementation in production environments
- Experience designing and implementing tooling to support production hardware or development article testing
Rocket Lab Employee Benefits
- The opportunity to work on innovative technology
- An employee stock purchase program
- Access to world leading experts to develop your career
- Rocket Lab merchandise – T-shirts, mission patches etc.
- Discounted health insurance with Southern Cross
- Additional parental leave entitlements
- A vibrant team culture with social activities throughout the year
All applications are considered and reviewed, for more information.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. person as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.