Senior IT Systems Engineer - Cybersecurity
About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Life at Rocket Lab
Located onsite in our Long Beach, CA headquarters, the Senior IT Systems Engineer will be responsible for the implementation, administration, and operation of multiple IT Infrastructure and Cybersecurity technology areas in use at Rocket Lab.
Within the Cybersecurity team, this role will focus on technologies and policy to comply with all required security framework controls while allowing the business to move at the pace required to deliver our business goals.
Reports to the Team Lead - Cybersecurity.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Enable Rocket Lab Engineers to develop the next generation of rockets and space systems, via the deployment and management of highly reliable and scalable cybersecurity technology and policies to protect our IP and infrastructure globally. This requires finding the balance between cybersecurity and allowing the business to run efficiently
- Provides subject matter expertise to deliver and support for our different Cybersecurity systems and supporting infrastructure
- Lead upgrades and maintenance with a focus on continuous improvement to provide a reliable and secure infrastructure
- Assist with and/or lead project scoping, planning, and deployment for Cybersecurity projects in support of Annual Operating Plan goals
- Support and contribute the Vulnerability Management and Incident Management function(s) at Rocket Lab through the development and implementation of Standards to ensure:
- Compliance with Rocket Lab Cybersecurity Policies
- Compliance with NIST 800-171, CMMC, PSR, and other customer security standards
- Simplified and consistent environment management practices
- That the team is providing effective support
- Clear and concise reporting on vulnerabilities, incidents, remediation efforts, support levels, etc.
- Comprehensive documentation of environments and support
- Efficient cost control
- Work with a team of world class IT, engineering, and business professionals
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of experience in IT and a bachelor's degree OR equivalent years of experience (8 years of total experience)
- 4+ of those years of experience in a platform focused technology role
- Expert knowledge of Cybersecurity frameworks / technology: ISO 27001, NIST 800-171, IPSEC, SSL VPNs, firewalls, etc.
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Specialist qualification in area of expertise: CISM, AWS, Azure, Microsoft, etc.
- AWS and/or O365 & Azure enterprise environments
- One or more of the following: Kubernetes, VMware, Linux, Windows, Configuration Management, Automation, and/or Infrastructure as Code
- One or more of the following: Server and Storage hardware, Backups, HA\DR\BC, Active Directory, Group Policy, Certificate Management (PKI), DNS, or DHCP
- Juniper or Cisco network switching and firewall setup, configuration, and management
The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the California Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
In addition to base salary, Rocket Lab offers a comprehensive total compensation package based on individual qualifications and experience, which may include cash or equity incentives. Employees will also be eligible for medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k) retirement plan options, and to purchase discounted stock through Rocket Lab's Employee Stock Purchase Program.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. person as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.