Technician II, Quality
About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Life at Rocket Lab
SolAero Technologies is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of highly efficient radiation-hardened solar cells, Coverglass Interconnected Cells (CICs), and solar panels for space power applications. Since 2001, SolAero solar cells or panels have supplied primary power to over 1,000 successful space missions with zero on-orbit failures. Our proven manufacturing capability, technology leadership, and unsurpassed reliability makes SolAero the supplier of choice for demanding space programs.
QUALITY TECHNICIAN II
SolAero has an immediate need for a Quality Technician to join a fast-paced, team-oriented manufacturing environment in Albuquerque.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO
- Support all aspects of product quality assurance for assigned product lines.
- Works on assignments that are minimally to moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving.
- Normally receives moderate instruction on daily work and detailed guidance on newly introduced assignments.
- Minimizes down time by reducing production rework and recalls
- Evaluation of production and test data against product requirements and operating protocols for final inspection.
- Prepare deliverable product data packages as prescribed by production requirements.
- Participate in process verification/audits as assigned.
- Ensures raw materials, in process and finished product meet company standards.
- May apply approval or rejection labels to product once inspections are completed.
- Support Quality System training initiatives.
- Deploys the Quality Management System as it applies \to scope of work.
- Other appropriate activities as assigned.
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent and 3+ years of manufacturing experience OR 1+ years of direct quality related experience
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE
- Has a solid, foundational understanding of the job and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, multi-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with flexibility to change in priority.
- Detailed oriented, with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Computer proficient.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other team members.
- Ability to deal with minor problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Familiarity with ISO-9001 (QS-9000 exposure helpful)
- Cleanroom protocol
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Regularly required to use hands.
- Frequently required to sit
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, bend and stoop
- Specific vision ability required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, with use of appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. person as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.