Principal IT Engineer
About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Life at Rocket Lab
PRINCIPAL IT ENGINEER
Located onsite at Rocket Lab HQ, in Long Beach California, the Principal IT Engineer will be responsible for the implementation and operation of the different cloud computing platforms and applications that are required at Rocket Lab.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Provide subject matter expertise, advise, and guidance to deliver and support IT systems through efficient management of the cloud infrastructure and the delivery of projects
- Carry out upgrades, maintenance, and with a focus on continuous improvement to provide a reliable and secure infrastructure
- Lead project planning and deployment for infrastructure projects
- Work with a team of world class IT, engineering, and business professionals
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10+ years of experience in a cloud focused technology role and a bachelor's degree OR equivalent experience in lieu of a bachelor's degree (13+ years of total experience)
- In-depth knowledge of at least one of:
- AWS and/or O365 & Azure enterprise environments.
- One or more: of the following: Kubernetes, VMware, Linux, Windows, Configuration Management, Automation, and/or Infrastructure as Code.
- One or more: of the following: Server and Storage hardware, Backups, NetApp, Pure Storage, Hyperconverged Infrastructure.
- One or more: Active Directory, Group Policy, Certificate Management (PKI), DNS, or DHCP.
- One or more: Security frameworks / technology: ISO 27001, NIST 800-171, CMMC, CUI
- One or more: HA, DR, Business Continuity
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills – able to see the big picture, make connections and appropriate decisions.
- Specialist qualification in area of expertise: CISM, AWS, Azure, Microsoft, etc.
- Juniper or Cisco network switching IPSEC, SSL VPNs, firewalls, etc.
- Fortinet firewall setup, configuration, and management.
The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the California Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
In addition to base salary, Rocket Lab offers a comprehensive total compensation package based on individual qualifications and experience, which may include cash or equity incentives. Employees will also be eligible for medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k) retirement plan options, and to purchase discounted stock through Rocket Lab's Employee Stock Purchase Program.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Rocket Lab Employees must be a U.S. citizen, lawful U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce, as applicable. Learn more about ITAR here.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for the application/interview process for a job in the United States should contact Giulia Biow at email@example.com.This dedicated resource is intended solely to assist job seekers with disabilities whose disability prevents them from being able to apply/interview. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.