Senior IT Systems Engineer
About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Life at Rocket Lab
Senior IT Systems Engineer
Based onsite at SolAero by Rocket Lab's site in Albuquerque New Mexico, we are seeking a Senior IT Systems Engineer to join a fast-paced, team-oriented manufacturing environment. This is a full-time role, working a 9/80 shift (every other Friday off), although initial training days may vary. You’ll be responsible for providing systems and IT support.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Provides subject matter expertise, advise, and guidance to deliver and support IT systems through efficient management of the cloud infrastructure and the delivery of projects.
- Carry out upgrades, maintenance, and with a focus on continuous improvement to provide a reliable and secure infrastructure.
- Lead project planning and deployment for infrastructure projects.
- Work with a team of world class IT, engineering, and business professionals.
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of related experience.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience with a high school diploma or GED (9+ total years)
- In-depth knowledge of:
- AWS and/or O365 & Azure enterprise environments.
- One or more of the following: Kubernetes, VMware, Linux, Windows, Configuration Management, Automation, and/or Infrastructure as Code.
- One or more of the following: Server and Storage hardware, Backups, NetApp, Pure Storage, hyperconverged infrastructure, VOIP phone systems
- One or more of the following: Active Directory, Group Policy, Certificate Management (PKI), DNS, or DHCP.
- One or more of the following: HA, DR, Business Continuity
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Specialist qualification in area of expertise: CISM, AWS, Azure, Microsoft, etc.
- Juniper or Cisco network switching IPSEC, SSL VPNs, firewalls, etc.
- One or more of the following: Security frameworks / technology: ISO 27001, NIST 800-171, CMMC, CUI
- Fortinet firewall setup, configuration, and management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Rocket Lab Employees must be a U.S. citizen, lawful U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce, as applicable. Learn more about ITAR here.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for the application/interview process for a job in the United States should contact Giulia Biow at firstname.lastname@example.org.This dedicated resource is intended solely to assist job seekers with disabilities whose disability prevents them from being able to apply/interview. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.