Data Engineer II
About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Life at Rocket Lab
Based on site at Rocket Lab's headquarters in Long Beach, CA. The Data Engineer, as part of the Business Intelligence team is responsible for solutioning and delivering robust data pipelines, ultimately streamline analytics and advanced data science. You will support the Business Intelligence Manager and Business Intelligence/IT organization, with deliverables required for internal business departments and analytics.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- You will work alongside an awesome team of Data Analysts, Software Engineers, Team Leads, Principal Data Engineers and other business functions to curate and shape datasets, develop data pipelines, to support Rocket and Satellite manufacturing.
- Contributing to the development of Business Intelligence standards and our technology platform is an important part of the Business Intelligence Data Engineer’s responsibilities as is delivering streamlined data pipelines and assets.
- Look after the data platforms to ensure analytics and pipelines are delivered on time.
- Design and solution of re-usable data pipelines (batch and stream) using SQL and Python and other data programming languages.
- Add value by technical knowledge in data and data science to propel the business intelligence team to the next level.
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS (Must meet every point):
- 3 + years of hands-on work experience in data engineering and a bachelor’s degree in computer science / data and analytics / statistics or a related field.
- 3 + years of MS SQL Server and ETL experience.
- Experience querying and ingesting data from APIs and building APIs.
- At least 1 year of experience with Python.
- Knowledge in building and deploying pipelines alongside any other cloud ETL tools.
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills.
- Cloud computing and deployment experience.
- Experience with Data Science tools.
- Experience implementing Machine Learning models.
- Agile experience.
- Ability to travel and communicate outside of work hours.
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed.
The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the California Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
In addition to base salary, Rocket Lab offers a comprehensive total compensation package based on individual qualifications and experience, which may include cash or equity incentives. Employees will also be eligible for medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k) retirement plan options, and to purchase discounted stock through Rocket Lab's Employee Stock Purchase Program.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.