About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Life at Rocket Lab
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
About the role
As part of the Production team at Rocket Lab, the Composites team is responsible for building and assembling numerous parts of the Electron rocket. From pressurized tanks, Structural Assemblies, Propellent Filters right through to Payload hardware and Heat shields. You will undertake all aspects of the build required during production, while adhering to Rocket labs High standards of Quality, and secondly meeting the schedule demand set out by the production leadership team.
As a technician, you will be hands on, working with tools, equipment and/or facilities to build, launch or test Rocket Lab launch vehicles or components. Your responsibilities contribute to the overall production and launch schedule.
With the ongoing success of Electron, our composite team are going through hypergrowth and have several positions ranging from Junior to Senior.
- Precision Lamination skills of prepreg systems
- Precision Lamination skills of Tooling Prepreg systems
- Knowledge of Bagging for oven and Autoclave cures
- Interpret and apply laminate and assembly drawings to ensure product quality
- Produce a laminate by vacuum bagging for composites
- Produce a cord laminate item
- Produce an open mould from a plug pattern
- Repair damaged or faulty composite items
- Perform measurements and calculations used in a marine or composite workplace
- Interpret and apply assembly drawings to ensure product quality
Rocket Lab Employee Benefits
- The opportunity to work with advanced material on ground-breaking technology
- An employee stock purchase program
- Access to world leading experts to develop your career
- Unlimited barista coffee, fruit and snacks
- Rocket Lab merchandise – T-shirts, mission patches etc.
- Discounted health insurance with Southern Cross
- Additional parental leave entitlements
- A vibrant team culture with social activities throughout the year
If you meet some or all of the above requirements apply now! All applications are considered and reviewed.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Rocket Lab Employees must be a U.S. citizen, lawful U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce, as applicable. Learn more about ITAR here.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for the application/interview process for a job in the United States should contact Giulia Biow at firstname.lastname@example.org.This dedicated resource is intended solely to assist job seekers with disabilities whose disability prevents them from being able to apply/interview. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.