Senior Software Engineer [Python/C++]
About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Life at Rocket Lab
About the role
As part of the Production Automation team you will develop, improve and support software-applications to functionally test spacecraft-components and systems for our launch vehicles (Electron, Neutron) and Space-System programs.
You will collaborate with different Stakeholder groups across Engineering and Manufacturing to ensure the tools we develop are fit for purpose and are intuitive to use.
As a Senior Engineer, you will contribute to the team goals by
- Developing and supporting software applications.
- Supporting the group with your expert knowledge.
- Guiding and working with peers.
- Understanding Stakeholder requirements and goals.
- Taking part in workflow-/process-improvements
Essential skills and experience
- Tertiary Diploma, Certificate or degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or demonstrated equivalent level of knowledge.
- Minimum of 6 years' experience within a software engineering related discipline.
- Python, C/C++ development experience.
- Software development on a Linux platform.
- Experience with protocol interfaces (e.g., TCP/UDP, serial, CAN, etc.).
- Experience with Git or a similar source code management tool.
- Experience with Jira or a similar issue tracker.
- Embedded systems programming experience.
- Experience with User Interface development.
- Networked application development experience.
- (Basic) understanding of electronic devices.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in leading (software) projects.
Rocket Lab Employee Benefits:
- The opportunity to work on innovative and groundbreaking technology.
- An employee stock purchase program.
- Access to world leading experts to develop your career.
- Unlimited barista coffee, fruit, and snacks.
- Rocket Lab merchandise – T-shirts, mission patches etc.
- Discounted health insurance with Southern Cross.
- Additional parental leave entitlements.
- A vibrant team culture with social activities throughout the year.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.