Aerospace Shipping Technician
About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Life at Rocket Lab
PSC by Rocket Lab is a well-known supplier of aerospace mechanisms for the satellite industry since 1998. To date, PSC has over 100 successful product operations in orbit. For more information about PSC, see www.planetarysystemscorp.com.
PSC’s products include separation systems, on-orbit devices, and other electro-mechanical deployables. PSC’s ~18,000 sq. ft. facility includes areas for office, lab, shipping/receiving and material storage space.
AEROSPACE SHIPPING TECHNICIAN
Planetary Systems Corporation by Rocket Lab (PSC), a manufacturer of satellite mechanisms, is seeking an Aerospace Shipping Technician to ship, receive, and manage hardware.
WHAT YOU'LL GET TO DO
- Ship hardware to vendors and end customers in accordance with SOPs
- Receive parts into ERP system and physically stock on a FIFO basis.
- Stock, pick, and organize flight hardware and purchased materials.
- Maintain strict material handling practices in accordance with best practices and SOPs.
- Communicate relevant issues to relevant departmental contacts.
- Adhere to standard warehouse management principles.
- Maintain a tidy, orderly work area in accordance with the principles of 5S.
- Work effectively with all staff towards company goals.
- Additional duties as reasonably required
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate's degree and 1 year of experience, OR high school diploma with 3 years of experience in lieu of a degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Capacity to comply with the federally mandated requirements of U.S. export control law
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE
- 2+ years relevant experience in the aerospace, manufacturing, automotive, or similar industry
- Familiarity with MRP/ERP systems
- Familiarity with Fishbowl Inventory software
- Self-motivated drive to take on and manage tasks independently
- High attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize effectively and efficiently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to multiple deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with other technically-minded employees
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Ability to work on standing for 4-6 hours per day
- Ability to occasionally lift ~40 lbs. in accordance with safety guidelines
Title: Aerospace Shipping Technician
Position Type: Hourly, 40 hours per week with infrequent overtime
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Compensation: Competitive compensation and benefit package commensurate with experience
Benefits: Paid vacation and holidays, medical, life, and disability insurance, 401k plan with company match, flex-time work schedule, new parent leave, and more.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.