Integrated Operations Engineer II - Avionics & Software
About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Life at Rocket Lab
This role is part of the Integrated Operations team at Rocket Lab which is the division responsible for testing, launch, and mission operations of Electron launch vehicles starting with stack testing through pre-launch processing, launch operations, and on-orbit operations. Integrated Operations is also responsible for configuration, checkout, and operation of related facilities, equipment, and infrastructure. Testing and operations may be conducted remotely or on-site at propulsion test facilities including the Auckland Mission Control Centre (MCC), LC-1 (Mahia), LC-2 (Wallops Island, VA), or other designated locations.
Required Skills & Experience
- Aerospace, mechanical, electrical, mechatronic engineering degree or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience in engineering design, test and/or operations.
- Self-driven, motivated, and contagiously positive.
- Proven communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships.
- Careful work ethic with an eye for detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of experience in engineering design, test and/or operations.
- Experience with launch vehicles or spacecraft including integration, testing, launch, or mission operations.
- Experience with Java, Python, or other object-oriented programming language.
- Software development skills with solid understanding and experience working with web-based tools such as HTML and XML.
- Good understanding of networking required with knowledge and experience in TCP/IP, UDP, multicast protocols, and packet switching and routing.
Rocket Lab Employee Benefits
- The opportunity to work on innovative and ground breaking technology
- An employee stock purchase program
- Access to world leading experts to develop your career
- Unlimited barista coffee, fruit and snacks
- Rocket Lab merchandise – T-shirts, mission patches etc.
- Discounted health insurance with Southern Cross
- Additional parental leave entitlements
- A vibrant team culture with social activities throughout the year
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.