Senior Cost Analyst
About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Life at Rocket Lab
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
About the role
The Senior Cost Analyst is responsible for ensuring the integrity of the costing and inventory data in the ERP system is maintained, to enable accurate costing and other financial reporting.
- Responsible for ensuring the integrity of data required for costing is maintained in the ERP system, including maintenance and reconciliations of production orders, work-in-progress, cycle count and end-of-year count of inventory items, recording of count variances etc.
- Review of standard costs and Moving Average Unit Cost (MAUC) and other inputs as required to enable accurate costing.
- Prepare SOX controls - Inventory reconciliations, Production Order aging analysis & closing errors, Cycle Count Results, Production order variances and Inventory Adjustments Approvals.
- Support month end process – engineer cost, prototype, and consumables journal entries.
- Run monthly subledger inventory reports and reconcile to general ledger.
- Prepare quarterly obsolete and slow-moving inventory reserve analysis.
- Analyze and report quarterly Cycle Count coverage.
- Responsible to plan year end physical count external audit.
- Support the power BI team to develop and improve costing reports required for management reporting or statutory reporting purposes.
- Develop and deploy training of system functionality across the finance teams and business users as required.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills & the ability to explain complex information to others.
- Strong skills in variance analysis, attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to prioritise.
- Strong analytical & independent problem-solving skills to evaluate financial results.
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP and/or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Advanced Excel skills a must.
Essential education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in the general ledger and cost accounting area.
Desirable skills and experience
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA).
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment, preferably within the aerospace and defense industry.
- ERP experience using Infor LN, Oracle, JDE, SAP or similar ERP system.
Rocket Lab Employee Benefits
- The opportunity to work on innovative and groundbreaking technology.
- An employee stock purchase program.
- Access to world leading experts to develop your career.
- Unlimited barista coffee, fruit, and snacks.
- Rocket Lab merchandise – T-shirts, mission patches etc.
- Discounted health insurance with Southern Cross.
- Additional parental leave entitlements.
- A vibrant team culture with social activities throughout the year.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.