About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Life at Rocket Lab
This is a rare opportunity to play a key role in Rocket Lab’s evolution into an end-to-end space company that delivers launch, spacecraft, and on-orbit operations. The Space Systems Division is shaping Rocket Lab’s future with Photon, our brand of high-performance satellites, enabling innovative missions in low Earth orbit and beyond including missions for NASA to LEO, the Moon, and Mars and commercial customers, including leading the design and manufacture of 17 high-power telecommunication spacecraft buses for Globalstar.
Rocket Lab is also growing our spacecraft components business, anchored on the acquisition of Sinclair Interplanetary manufacturing reaction wheels and star trackers in Toronto, SolAero Technologies manufacturing solar power and primary structure solutions in Albuquerque, Planetary Systems Corporation manufacturing launch separation systems in Silver Spring, and Advanced Solutions, Inc., provider of flight and ground software as a service in Denver. Our components business is key to vertically integrating our spacecraft solutions and enabling constellations for customers.
Based at Rocket Lab's new headquarters in Long Beach, the Master Scheduler is the centerpiece of all of Schedule related activities in support of Space Systems development and manufacturing. You’ll be counted on to identify missing pieces and opportunities in current Rocket Lab day to day, create and implement process improvements, and drive new scheduling norms across the Space Systems group. Our ideal candidate is an assertive creative thinker who loves building best practices and improving processes in a technically focused environment.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Day to day coordination, maintenance, communication and overall management of Rocket Lab schedules and schedule driven programs
- Be the key stakeholder in building Scheduling best practices and establishing company-wide norms
- Proactively schedule coordination across Rocket Lab teams to ensure that rollout schedules mirror reality, identify symbiotic relationships and that critical deliverables are on time
- Create, build, maintain, and improve scheduling tools and processes that expose likely constraints on a regular basis
- Assess and compare Rocket Labs’s schedule to Earned Value Management practices and internal policies
- Will be responsible for Rocket Lab’s integrated master schedules per the requirements of the design, integration and program standards
- Will oversee production processes and workflows to assure on-time delivery
- Create and deliver timely program reports to managers to facilitate any updates/changes
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- 4+ years of experience as a Scheduler in a New Space, Aerospace, or other technical industry
- Proven success in creating Scheduling processes and best practices
- High-level working knowledge of both MS Project and SmartSheet
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing engineering or related discipline
- MPS (Master Planning and Scheduling) Certification
- MS Project Certification
- Relevant project management experience
- A curiosity and willingness to work across multiple teams to build great processes
- The ability to work independently and take ownership of projects
The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the California Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
In addition to base salary, Rocket Lab offers a comprehensive total compensation package based on individual qualifications and experience, which may include cash or equity incentives. Employees will also be eligible for medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k) retirement plan options, and to purchase discounted stock through Rocket Lab's Employee Stock Purchase Program.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Rocket Lab Employees must be a U.S. citizen, lawful U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce, as applicable. Learn more about ITAR here.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for the application/interview process for a job in the United States should contact Giulia Biow at email@example.com.This dedicated resource is intended solely to assist job seekers with disabilities whose disability prevents them from being able to apply/interview. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.