Senior CNC Programmer
About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Life at Rocket Lab
Neutron is a medium lift launch vehicle capable of delivering the mega constellations of tomorrow, high assurance payloads, and human spaceflight. As a highly reusable launch platform, Neutron will deliver a highly cost-effective and reliable launch solution leveraging Rocket Lab’s proven execution history with the Electron program. If you’re interested in joining a high performing team, pushing the boundaries with a clean sheet development of re-usable liquid launch vehicle, this is your opportunity!
SENIOR CNC PROGRAMMER
Based out of Rocket Lab's Headquarters in Long Beach, CA the Senior CNC Programmer is responsible for the machining development of new products and product revisions as related to both Rutherford and Archimedes engines. You will support the Director of Manufacturing Engineering and Production organization, with deliverables required for internal leadership, board of directors, and investors.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Develop machining capability in-house for the Archimedes components and implement rapid iterations.
- Design, develop, and implement tooling and equipment for use in a production environment where appropriate to improve quality, delivery and/or cost performance.
- Collaborate with production teams to ensure the CNC programs are compatible with the latest machine tools and technologies and suggest improvements to enhance the production process.
- Establish and maintain machining process documentation, including tool selection, feeds and speeds, and inspection plans.
- Continuously improve machining processes and procedures to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and improve quality.
- Collaborate with other Rocket Lab machine shops for general alignment, capability, and support.
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of experience in CNC programming
- Extensive experience rapidly iterating Mastecram/NX CAM programs and operating 5-axis CNC equipment
- Proficient in GD&T
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or a related field
- Experience with turbomachinery components in aerospace or energy industries
- Strong knowledge of machining processes, including 5-axis machining, multi-axis turning, and mill-turn operations
- Experience with CMM and other inspection equipment
- Familiarity with post processing methods, AM and welding
- Competent navigating DMG Mori CELOS with Siemens 840
The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the California Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
In addition to base salary, Rocket Lab offers a comprehensive total compensation package based on individual qualifications and experience, which may include cash or equity incentives. Employees will also be eligible for medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k) retirement plan options, and to purchase discounted stock through Rocket Lab's Employee Stock Purchase Program.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Rocket Lab Employees must be a U.S. citizen, lawful U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce, as applicable. Learn more about ITAR here.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for the application/interview process for a job in the United States should contact Giulia Biow at email@example.com.This dedicated resource is intended solely to assist job seekers with disabilities whose disability prevents them from being able to apply/interview. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.