IT Network Engineer II - Launch
About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Life at Rocket Lab
About the role
Located at our Auckland Production Complex in New Zealand and reporting to the Team Lead - Launch, our IT Network Engineer II will be responsible for the implementation, administration, and operation of all networks and firewalls relating to Launch and Launch Operations. These systems include support for Electron and Neutron launch systems and related sites such as rocket launch sites and engine test facilities. Components include HMIs, live streams, loggers/telemetry servers, launch operations, remote operators, mission control room infra, and customer connectivity.
What you'll get to do
Enable Rocket Lab Engineers and Launch Personnel to develop and deliver our world class rocket launch capabilities, via the deployment and management of highly reliable and scalable network infrastructure and supporting software.
Provides subject matter expertise to deliver and support for our highly reliable and available IT network infrastructure that support the Launch team.
Lead upgrades and maintenance with a focus on continuous improvement to provide a reliable and secure network infrastructure.
Assist with and/or lead project scoping, planning, and deployment for Launch network infrastructure and new site commissioning projects in support of Annual Operating Plan goals.
Support the Launch IT Infrastructure Standards function(s) at Rocket Lab through the implementation of Standards for the deployment and management of the Launch infra environments to ensure:
- Compliance with Rocket Lab Policies.
- Compliance with Cybersecurity policies, standards, and procedures.
- Simplified and consistent environment management practices.
- Automated build and maintenance processes.
- Improvements to increase reliability of systems.
- System High Availability and Disaster Recovery.
- That the team is providing effective support.
- Clear and concise reporting on usage, uptime, support levels, etc.
- Comprehensive documentation of environments and support.
- Efficient cost control Work with the other Network Engineers to establish WAN and LAN networking Standards. Work with a team of world class IT, engineering, and business professionals.
You'll bring these qualifications:
- 7+ years of experience in IT.
- 4+ of those years of experience in a platform focused technology role.
- Expert knowledge of Juniper or Cisco network switching and firewall setup, configuration, and management.
- Knowledge of WAN, SD-WAN, routing, IPSEC, SSL VPNs, firewalls, etc.
These qualifications would be nice to have:
- Specialist qualification in area of expertise: CISM, AWS, Azure, Microsoft, etc.
- AWS and/or O365 & Azure enterprise environments.
- One or more of the following: Kubernetes, VMware, Linux, Windows, Configuration Management, Automation, and/or Infrastructure as Code.
- One or more of the following: Server and Storage hardware, Backups, HA\DR\BC, Active Directory, Group Policy, Certificate Management (PKI), DNS, or DHCP.
- Security frameworks / technology: ISO 27001, NIST 800-171, etc.
Rocket Lab Employee Benefits:
- The opportunity to work on innovative and groundbreaking technology.
- An employee stock purchase program.
- Access to world leading experts to develop your career.
- Unlimited barista coffee, fruit, and snacks.
- Rocket Lab merchandise – T-shirts, mission patches etc.
- Discounted health insurance with Southern Cross.
- Additional parental leave entitlements.
- A vibrant team culture with social activities throughout the year.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Rocket Lab Employees must be a U.S. citizen, lawful U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce, as applicable. Learn more about ITAR here.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for the application/interview process for a job in the United States should contact Giulia Biow at email@example.com.This dedicated resource is intended solely to assist job seekers with disabilities whose disability prevents them from being able to apply/interview. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.