Senior Production Specialist
About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
About the role
The Electron launch vehicle represents the most mature product line in the Rocket Lab family, encompassing all business processes from R&D to Production. These business processes encompass employee training and competencies, project management, engineering documentation and change control, manufacturing documentation and change control.
This Specialist is responsible for optimising these systems, business processes and methodologies in order to streamline operations, reduce bottlenecks and bureaucracy, and improve quality controls.
The expectation for this position is to scope, consult and negotiate with stakeholders to deliver improvements across the Electron group, by improving business processes and systems to increase productivity, reduce red tape, and reduce risk.
Success in this position will be measured by delivering more annual value in improvements than the salary of the specialist. Staff within the Electron organisation will answer positively that the tools and processes at Rocket Lab enable them to do their jobs as efficiently as possible.
- 10+ years aerospace/manufacturing experience
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- An ability to effectively convey your understanding to others at all levels
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- A strong understanding of signal acquisition and measurement, including an understanding of error and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well within a team environment
- Sound analytical skills and the capability to think at a systems level i.e. seeing the big picture and making connections
- Heavy emphasis on achievement and details – getting things done efficiently, effectively and to the highest quality standards.
- The ability to take a flexible approach and to adapt to change quickly.
- Have tenacity, a can-do attitude and the ability to think quickly and make accurate judgements.
- Good hands-on engineering skills
- Postgraduate study in a field of engineering
- Qualifications in Kaizen, Lean manufacture, Six Sigma
- Excellent writing abilities
Rocket Lab Employee Benefits
- The opportunity to work on innovative and ground-breaking technology
- An employee stock purchase program
- Access to world leading experts to develop your career
- Unlimited barista coffee, fruit, and snacks
- Rocket Lab merchandise – T-shirts, mission patches etc.
- Discounted health insurance with Southern Cross
- Additional parental leave entitlements
- A vibrant team culture with social activities throughout the year
If you would like to know more !
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.
Something looks off?