Senior Software Engineer - Business Automation
About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Business Automation – Senior Software Engineer
Based on-site at Rocket Lab's headquarters in Long Beach, CA the Business Automation Software Engineer II is responsible for working with the multiple teams in engineering, manufacturing and corporate functions to develop browser-based solutions that are used to improve the efficiency of Rocket Lab operations. You will support the Business Automation Team that’s part of the Terrestrial Software organization.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Work with multiple teams in engineering, manufacturing and corporate functions to support and enhance browser-based solutions that rely heavily on relational databases and REST API’s, both upstream and downstream, as part of a service-oriented architecture.
- Conduct software development activities to support the design and development of our full stack applications and microservices.
- Provide engineering support for application issues and monitoring of application reliability through use of appropriate tools.
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within a software engineering or related discipline.
- Certificate or degree in software engineering, computer science, electrical engineering or demonstrated equivalent level of knowledge.
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- AWS experience strongly preferred.
- Docker/Kubernetes experience
- Nodejs/NPM related build systems and tooling experience
- Elasticsearch and/or Domain Driven Design experience
In addition to base salary, Rocket Lab offers a comprehensive total compensation offer package based on individual qualifications and experience, including company stock. Employees will also be eligible for medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k) retirement plan options, and to purchase discounted stock through Rocket Lab's Employee Stock Purchase Program.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.
Something looks off?