Security Team Lead
About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
About Rocket Lab
This is a rare opportunity to play a key role in Rocket Lab’s evolution into an end-to-end space company that delivers launch, spacecraft, and on-orbit operations. The Space Systems Division is shaping Rocket Lab’s future with Photon, our brand of high-performance satellites, enabling innovative missions in low Earth orbit and beyond including missions for NASA to LEO, the Moon, and Mars and commercial customers, including leading the design and manufacture of 17 high-power telecommunication spacecraft buses for Globalstar.
Rocket Lab is also growing our spacecraft components business, anchored on the acquisition of Sinclair Interplanetary manufacturing reaction wheels and star trackers in Toronto, SolAero Technologies manufacturing solar power and primary structure solutions in Albuquerque, Planetary Systems Corporation manufacturing launch separation systems in Silver Spring, and Advanced Solutions, Inc., provider of flight and ground software as a service in Denver. Our components business is key to vertically integrating our spacecraft solutions and enabling constellations for customers.
SolAero Technologies is a leading provider of high efficiency solar cells, solar panels, and composite structural products for satellite and aerospace applications. We are the world’s only vertically integrated, end-to-end supplier of satellite solar arrays. SolAero’s proven flight heritage, high-volume production capability, and technology position us to service the world’s most demanding satellite applications. Our space solar products have powered over 1,000 satellites in orbit to date.
Security Team Lead
This Security Team Leader is responsible for leading the delivery of robust physical security initiatives for the protection of our assets (premises, possessions, people and infrastructure). Their focus is delivering tactical preparedness, readiness, and responsiveness. The security team lead will also provide the physical security team with a clear sense of direction, creating a positive and supportive team culture in which all members collaboratively strive to deliver gold standard security.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Manage physical security ‘minor works’ (including repairs and minor enhancements) with the security systems provider/integrator (including Planned Preventative Maintenance scheduling).
- Note: major works or upgrades will be out of your purview.
- Lead physical security monitoring and response operations at Sol Aero including:
- Ownership of security systems including CCTV, access control, and intruder detection.
- Leadership of the Security Officer team.
- Ensuring 24/7 coverage of Sol Aero by Rocket Lab.
- Delivery of Sol Aero by Rocket Lab physical security requirements.
- Responding to security incidents and issues.
- Ensuring service delivery meets the expected standard for quality.
- Conduct initial and recurrent Security Officer training in the areas of:
- Security systems (ACS and CCTV).
- Security processes and procedures.
- Security threats and risks associated with Sol Aero by Rocket Lab and the space industry.
- Support global security management in the development and delivery of enterprise security awareness, education and training.to pricing committee for approval.
- Develop (in collaboration with Learning & Development) and conduct regular training in the areas of security threat and security risk.
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 3 years’ proven experience in direct line management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience with respect to high quality written reports.
- Minimum current registration as a Level II Security Guard; OR ability to obtain this prior to commencing employment.
- Completion of required continuing education credit of 2hr per year.
- Full, clean, NM driver license.
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Demonstrated expertise in people management.
- Experience leading incident management and investigations.
- Operational experience using access control and CCTV systems to an advanced level is advantageous.
- Experience in conflict resolution and dealing with difficult people.
- Demonstratable knowledge of security best practice, defence-in-depth, and the applicability of local legislation that pertains to privacy and civil rights.
- Proficient in the use of digital tools including the Microsoft Suite, and web-based applications.
- Proficient in the front-end use of access control systems, and CCTV systems.
- Back-end experience programming access control systems and/or CCTV systems is advantageous.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.
Something looks off?