About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
at Rocket Lab USA
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,300 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Based at Rocket Lab’s – SolAero Technologies site in Albuquerque NM the Facilities Operations Supervisor is responsible for facilities maintenance, operations and improvement projects across the site. You will support the Facilities Manager, with deliverables required for internal leadership.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Utilizing internal and external resources- Supervise the maintenance and operation of all facilities equipment and systems.
- Develop maintenance policy and procedures that ensure the optimal functioning of buildings, grounds, and associated equipment.
- Develop and execute plan to manage all building systems including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, safety, and waste management.
- Develop and execute plans for facilities modifications and improvements with the focus on scope, schedule, and budget.
- Supervise and train a staff of employees in the general maintenance of buildings, grounds, and equipment.
- Ensure facilities maintenance work follows safety standards, conforms to specifications, and that work orders are tracked and completed within the budgeted guidelines.
- Works hand in hand with subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. Ensures that maintenance and project milestones are met and adhering to approved budgets keeping fab and other environments in spec.
- Supervises and Manages Chem Support team to meet manufacturing needs by controlled delivery of chemicals to the factory.
- Supervises and Manages Chem Support team to handle hazardous waste streams in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Supervises and manages Safety and ERT training of the facilities and chem support technicians.
- Be a member of the site ERT team, supporting and responding to emergency issues and situations.
- Other duties as assigned
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5 years supporting a facilities role as an individual contributor
- 3 years supervisory experience
- Thorough working knowledge of facilities systems and improvement projects
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related subject area
BENEFITS AND LOCATION:
- Relocation eligible to local area – Albuquerque, NM – depending on position
- 9/80 schedule
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
- 401k match up to 3%
- 10 paid company holidays and 16 days of PTO
- Employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
SolAero by Rocket Lab is based in Albuquerque (ABQ), in the heart of New Mexico. ABQ offers both affordability and easy access to the outdoors and rich cultural centers such as museums and art galleries. With almost 300 days of sunshine a year, but also proximity to secluded ski slopes, there’s something for everyone who loves the outdoors. You’ll also find plenty of opportunities to try authentic New Mexican cuisine – a delicious blend of traditional Native American foods mixed with roasted green chiles. Fun fact: ABQ is the hot air ballooning capital of the world! It’s for all these reasons and more that New Mexico is known as the Land of Enchantment.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as denied by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.
Something looks off?